Battery Life after OTA update

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So, I have read all the threads with users complaining about battery life, and have laughed as mine has been great, off the charger about 6 AM and over 30% left at 11PM.

Last week I got the OTA update for the GSIII and now I want to do the battery rant. Off the charger at 6AM and battery dead by noon. No changes just the OTA update. I did go in to make sure that apps I had disabled are still disabled, and they are.

I have hesitated doing a factory reset, but I am traveling this week, and can't imagine carrying a charger in my pocket. I have several company provided apps that are a pain to get reactivated after a reset (not hard, just too many paperwork hoops).

Every time I check it appears to be a different app sucking the battery, and 75% of the drain is related to battery.

So, looking for options, should i bite the bullet and do a reset?

Thanks
Steve

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
So now after 5 days of really bad battery life. this morning I sat the phone done and had a heart to heart with it and threated a factory reset. It's 10:30, phone came off the charger at 6AM and I am at 95%, what gives? Not complaining, but does threatening a phone make it behave?

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
maybe because your using wifi? 4G tends to kill the battery faster

Thought about that, but was on WiFi at home most of yesterday and on 4G at work today, so unless my WiFi at home has a signal issue, not that. I am still saying it's scolding the phone!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781