No more data caps on T-Mobile (truely Unlimited 4g)

durhamite

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
I just called customer service and changed my plan. I was on the 5gb cap with hotspot, I am now on unlimited (no cap) with no hotspot. It was super easy, just call and ask for it.

you are welcome :)

johnjohntc

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
So instead of paying $25 for 5G cap, I can buy $20 no cap?
But I lose bundled Smartphone Mobile Hotspot?

Last edited:

dragonbabe1966

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I just bought my SIII on September 5th, because I was waiting for the unlimited cap-free data plan. The guy that sold it to me said there was no cap, but I wouldn't be able to use Hot Spot on the phone. When he was trying to put in my upgrade contract, he said it wasn't working for this phone. I was grandfathered under the $25 unlimited data plan with 400 texts plan. He said I had to take the $35 plan, and pay an extra $5 for just 150 texts,instead of $4.99 for 400. That made me mad, since the day before they had told me my old plan would be able to remain. Now, I see on my device link, that I have a 5G speed cap, unlimited data, and only 150 messages, but have mobile Hot Spot. That is not what I asked for. Why do they give you the run-around? I know that the salesperson has been there for years, because I have gone to him always when I need help. I suppose that I am gonna be stuck with the higher price plans once I have signed the contract, and they never let you go back to the original lower prices. I feel like they shouldn't be able to do that, but that's the way it is. I am going to go see him tomorrow to see if they can fix that, but have little hope. I don't need Hot Spot. I have just one device, a phone. Anyone else having problems getting this new plan set up?

mikeofalltrades

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Awesome. Thanks for the heads up. A minute ago I was a lowly 2 GB user ($10 a month for data) who was always laying low at the end of the month to avoid sub-Edge speeds. An additional 3 GB just didn't seem worth an additional $+15. For just $+10 I get unlimited, no throttle.

If you have the $10/2 GB plan make sure it's worth it to you (it likely is). If you have the $25/5 GB plan or the $55/10 GB plan (and don't give a **** about mobile hotspot) -- you're wasting money as we speak. If you happened to have the mobile hotspot upgrade and drop it you'll save another $15.

keyfin

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I told them I was leaving and going to break my contract so they hooked me up with the unlimited plan for 30 dollars per month with a 10 dollar 6 month credit making it 20 dollars per month unlimited data you must speak with the retention department

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800