Tethering with SG3

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Nexus user who just got the SG3 on T-mobile. I tried to tether the phone to my tablet and relised it shows t-mobile Hotspot so i stopped. Do they charge if I use this feature on the phone? I dont have the $10 tethering package. Do I have to root this thing or what. I really didn't want to root it because I actually like touchwiz. Yup hard to believe from someone who has own all the Nexus phone. Second question, I've been trying to update the phone tothe latest firmwire but after it downloads the update it reboots and at 25% it shows update fail. Can anyone help, thanks guys......

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Unless there's a warning that you are being charged, I would assume not. Check out FoxFi in the Google Play Store... it's a tether app that works for rooted and non-rooted devices.

For whatever update you're trying.. it may be your network connection... they usually recommend using a WIFI connection.

x

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
I'm a Nexus user who just got the SG3 on T-mobile. I tried to tether the phone to my tablet and relised it shows t-mobile Hotspot so i stopped. Do they charge if I use this feature on the phone? I dont have the $10 tethering package. Do I have to root this thing or what. I really didn't want to root it because I actually like touchwiz. Yup hard to believe from someone who has own all the Nexus phone. Second question, I've been trying to update the phone tothe latest firmwire but after it downloads the update it reboots and at 25% it shows update fail. Can anyone help, thanks guys......

As long as your not on the unlimited plan and have the 5gig data plan then tethering is included.

superm1

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Unless there's a warning that you are being charged, I would assume not. Check out FoxFi in the Google Play Store... it's a tether app that works for rooted and non-rooted devices.

For whatever update you're trying.. it may be your network connection... they usually recommend using a WIFI connection.

x
Foxfi explicitly says it doesn't work on the GS3 right now unfortunately.

MOTH477

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Fox fi works fine on my wife's s3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

I know about 3 people plus myself and SO who have S3 and haven't been able to get Foxi to work. Does your wife have one of those value plans with data?Those plans include tethering so that might be why it seems as though Foxfi works. My co-worker changed his plan and now Foxfi works but he had to change is plan which means paying for tethering.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38