Test message sometimes says "Draft"

lds001

Aug 16, 2012
Visit site
Galaxy S III

Sometimes when I text a message and I hit send....it will say draft...it looks like it was sent....but there are red letters saying draft...just sometimes and I dont know why. So when I see "draft" I hit send again...and it sends a blank "bubble". I cant find any settings or even a draft folder...so what does this mean?

Thanks guys!!

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
It becomes a draft until the message goes through. Most likely you don't have a good signal and its taking a while to send the message, so its being saved.
There's no dedicated draft folder.. but if you start typing a message to someone and then back out of the message before sending it... it becomes saved as a draft... it gets stored under the recipients name.. so you can open up the conversation at a later time and whatever you started typing previously should still be there.

To delete the draft.. erase whatever text that you started typing and the draft message will be removed.

HloKty30

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
So when the message is saved as a draft is it still trying to send during that time? Or is it just being saved and not sending? Thanks.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had this happen and found out the when I hit the back softkey I sometime hit the period (.) which caused it to show draft. I go back and delete the period in the field and it goes away.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it tried to send it until the program times out. After that it might just sit and wait for you to try to resend it, but the time it tries to send seems to be unpredictable.

So when the message is saved as a draft is it still trying to send during that time? Or is it just being saved and not sending? Thanks.

HloKty30

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I have had this happen and found out the when I hit the back softkey I sometime hit the period (.) which caused it to show draft. I go back and delete the period in the field and it goes away.

Thanks. I've done this as well but I have also sent a message and it says draft.

HloKty30

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I think it tried to send it until the program times out. After that it might just sit and wait for you to try to resend it, but the time it tries to send seems to be unpredictable.

Alrght, thanks for letting me know. I have yet to find a resend option on the phone. So I just end up retyping it again and hoping it goes thru at least once if not twice, lol.

Biggnaa20

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
There should be an exclamation mark sign that you can press. It should allow you to resend it without retyping it all. If you don't directly press the sign though, it doesn't work, and it's kinda small.

ryzwan

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Dude it's mean u have a message in draft, sometimes it happen when you take to much time to compose message. If u want to see ur draft message. Message> then option button it comesup with different option like setting etc, it also draft folder click on it n check.

Shrl

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
My experience with the Draft issue on Motorola Droid. Went back to the message I sent. In the space where you type a new message, I had accidentally typed a period symbol. Just removed it and the Draft issue is no more.😉 Have a great day everyone!

Dave Ives

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
Just to clarify, it happens when a character (be it <space> or something you can see) is left in the box where you type your message. Delete this and the red draft indicator disappears. You should be able to see the prompt <Enter message>

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463