Unsuccessful attempt T999 jb update

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok..I know how update to stock Jelly Bean from a unrooted s3. The process seems to fail all the time now with the latest update t999uvlj4. Does anyone know a work around besides root?

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The J4 update is the latest official update from T-Mobile.. So it will fail if you do it automatically. Only JB roms you can get for now is to root and download one from XDA...

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
The J4 update is the latest official update from T-Mobile.. So it will fail if you do it automatically. Only JB roms you can get for now is to root and download one from XDA...

That sucks. I'm not going to root just for Jelly Bean. It was great while I had the leaked version. Btw I didn't want the rom, I wanted the official leak of jb.m but it doesn't work on j4 like it does with h2 or whatever it was.

"all animals are created equal but some animals are more equal than others" animal bylaws- animal farm

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Official leak requires you to Root and ODIN it.

No it doesn't. You can go into the stock recovery mode without root. Believe me I updated two GS3's to jb without root or Odin. Straight from the phone. It just doesn't work with T999uvlj4.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
You have to tell me why you just don't root? Bad experience?

Well I'm on my 4th gs3. The 1st one was rooted but had to replace it due to overheating. I don't want to mess with this one. That's it

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Rooting doesn't cause overheating, there has been an overheating problem with a few GS3, but alright. Just wait for official JB than.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I know root didn't cause it. It was just a faulty device

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I also thought Warranty get's voided when you Root. While it's easy to restore and possibly unroot a device, in particularly bad circumstances when a screen breaks or the buttons screw up you may not be able to unroot the phone before you return or send it in for a fix/replacement. I never cared for warranties on my previous iPod Touches or iPhone, but for the S3 I would like to keep my warranty.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I also thought Warranty get's voided when you Root. While it's easy to restore and possibly unroot a device, in particularly bad circumstances when a screen breaks or the buttons screw up you may not be able to unroot the phone before you return or send it in for a fix/replacement. I never cared for warranties on my previous iPod Touches or iPhone, but for the S3 I would like to keep my warranty.

It does but like you stated its easily restored and it's even better if the screen breaks bc 9/10 individuals can't tell if a device is rooted unless you tell them.