hide album from gallery

isabeliblue

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So I created a folder in MyFiles where i store all the pictures I don't want in my gallery. The only problem is that I'm unable to hide them. The phone recognizes that there are pictures in the folder and then gives me access to them through gallery. I don't want access to them through gallery, is there a way to make them disappear? I don't want to delete the folder.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
So I created a folder in MyFiles where i store all the pictures I don't want in my gallery. The only problem is that I'm unable to hide them. The phone recognizes that there are pictures in the folder and then gives me access to them through gallery. I don't want access to them through gallery, is there a way to make them disappear? I don't want to delete the folder.

What did you name that folder?

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site

There is an app at Google Play named KeepSafe. It will take them out of the Gallery and hide the pictures within the app. It is password protected so only you can view the files.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...om.kii.safe&feature=nav_result&token=yzCAoi0z

ComputerJAM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I use Super tool box 10+

Rename the file where the pictures are that you don't want in your gallery with a . (period) in front of the folder name.
.pictures

Then use the File Manager in Super tool box to view that folder when you want to. Works with videos as well.

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
Create a file called ".nomedia" and place that in the folder you want to keep hidden.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

plitor

May 14, 2014
Visit site
hey!
here is what you can do to hide your photos from gallery.
1) go to apps
2) select my files
3) go to menu
4) select settings
5) check the first option "show hidden files"
now go back
6) go to images
7) select the photos you want to hide
8) tap on the top right corner and select move
9) go to device storage
10) select ".hide"
11) tap on the top right corner "move here"
now go back to "my files" and
12) select menu and go to settings
13) uncheck the "show hidden files" option

and its done !
you can now check your gallery, the photos you hid wont be seen.
hope this was helpful :)

Hamp

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Renaming a file or folder with a dot "." before the name will hide it just like shaz post and you can access it using the technique described by plitor. After bought and paid for, even with newer devices out I'm still loving the functionality of my GS3!

jiguli

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
so simple. just use ES browser
and hide your folder. it hide it JUST in gallery. and you still can find it in file manager
and this app is for so many more stuff ;) O:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463