Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Default Re: Jelly bean update and bluetooth Calling issue

You are right, as it was working previously before the upgrade. Verizon seemed at least polite about it, but that still leave me with no where to go. It's really a joint issue, as you can't load another operating system onto the Samsung!

Quote Originally Posted by IAPNMC View Post
    You are right, as it was working previously before the upgrade. Verizon seemed at least polite about it, but that still leave me with no where to go. It's really a joint issue, as you can't load another operating system onto the Samsung!
    My own feeling is that there are backwards compatibility issues. As I've said previously a factory reset seems to have fixed most of the problems and the bluetooth is at least usable now. Strange thing is I tested my S3 with an old Plantronics bluetooth earpiece and it seems to be working fine. My guess is that the Plantronics is not nearly as sophisticated as an car bluetooth system. In any case, I'm keeping a periodic eye on the Audi site to see if they upgrade their drivers to 4.1 rather than the 4.04 that they claim to support.

I am also having issue with my Verizon s3 after upgrade to jelly bean on my toyota prius. This update complete broke the ability to use the device connected as a bluetooth tether for data. The only other method to connect is Toyota's entune sw which is completely broken. This tethering work around was a lifesaver and is now totally broken by this update. Someone in this thread said they rolled back to ICS how did you complete this please?

Global Posts
    101 Global Posts

I have a 2010 VW Jetta TDI and I too am having issues with bluetooth and my Verizon GS3 after the JB update. I can pair the phone fine but when you make a call, BT disconnects and then reconnects about 45 seconds into the call. I had a RAZR HD for a short time and that did the same exact thing which made me get rid of it. Then the JB update happens on the S3 and here we go again! All of my other headset and devices work with no issue, it is just the VW bluetooth which is phone only. I am now back to using my Jabra Cruiser which is a pain! My wifes S3 does the same exact thing in my car but both of ours work fine in her MB R350. After reading thru the thread it looks like a lot of Infiniti and VW people are having this problem. I going to look into some of the VW forums to see if there are any findings out there.

Quote Originally Posted by miata492 View Post
    I have a 2010 VW Jetta TDI and I too am having issues with bluetooth and my Verizon GS3 after the JB update. I can pair the phone fine but when you make a call, BT disconnects and then reconnects about 45 seconds into the call. I had a RAZR HD for a short time and that did the same exact thing which made me get rid of it. Then the JB update happens on the S3 and here we go again! All of my other headset and devices work with no issue, it is just the VW bluetooth which is phone only. I am now back to using my Jabra Cruiser which is a pain! My wifes S3 does the same exact thing in my car but both of ours work fine in her MB R350. After reading thru the thread it looks like a lot of Infiniti and VW people are having this problem. I going to look into some of the VW forums to see if there are any findings out there.
    We need a Porsche person to chime in... That way we can show that it's the VW, Porsche, Audi system that is a partial cause of the problems...

I did the Facory Reset and my 2009 Audi and SG3 still won't work together. It connects for a few seconds, then disconnects. Due to the dirverse makes of car having some sort of problem, I'd say it is a Android software problem. It really needs to be addressed.

I have been asking my Audi dealer for possible updates to the car and getting nothing. I'll keep you posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Audi Dan View Post
    I did the Facory Reset and my 2009 Audi and SG3 still won't work together. It connects for a few seconds, then disconnects. Due to the dirverse makes of car having some sort of problem, I'd say it is a Android software problem. It really needs to be addressed.

I have been asking my Audi dealer for possible updates to the car and getting nothing. I'll keep you posted.
    I've got a complaint registered with Audi as well. I'm thinking that as long as they say they will only support up to 4.04 that Google is off the hook.

I'm having the exact same issue with my 2010 VW Jetta TDI. Bluetooth works for dialing, drops the connection, then 20 secs later is working fine...

BMW to the list... It's 2011 M3. It pairs but then no audio either way. I am going back to ICS, I think.

After JB update (tmobile gs3) my double sin jvc head unit drops the blue tooth connection every couple of minutes when attempting to stream any media to the radio. The phone portion seems to never have any issues. I don't know how my old HTC sensation worked flawlessly then I upgraded and now have less features..... Come on Samsung and android Central. Yall have some serious pull, help us out. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Just adding my name to the list of frustrated customers. I have the same problem here after my OTA update to Jelly Bean a couple of months ago. I have a SG3 I747 on Bell Mobility (Canada) and a 2008 Infiniti G37. I get totally garbled sound when making or receiving a call. The Bluetooth worked flawlessly when my phone had ICS but nowadays hands free calls in the car means my phone in my lap with speaker phone on. Boourns!

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima, which shares the same bluetooth hardware as the Infinitis from the same time... I am also having issues. The phone pairs and connects fine... the calls even go through. But, the audio is all garbled.

This happened to me when I had a G1 many years ago. And, after researching it then I am fairly confident that this is a bluetooth protocol issue. Whether it be through oversight or a mistake (hopefully it wasn't a design decision) the backwards compatibility protocols for certain older bluetooth systems apparently didn't get done correctly.

Sure, ICS will work because they got the protocols correct on that version... so my hope is that it gets fixed at some point with an update to JB. Now, I'm with Verizon so I don't know if this issue is carrier specific, or OS specific... that could help narrow it down if we could figure that out.

I'm on Verizon as well and this is a T-Mobile forum so it definitely is NOT carrier-specific.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #64  

Global Posts
    72 Global Posts

Quick update:

I read this a day or two ago on, and don't quote me on it, that Google knows about the bluetooth A2D (or is it AD2) audio protocol problem but specifically with streaming music through the bluetooth to other audio devices - like your car for instance. They say a patch is on the way but didn't specify a timeline.

Correction* Found the article - don't know if it speaks to our problem but hopefully the resolution of that problem resolves it for all of us...Fingers crossed...Check out the link below

Google Confirms Bluetooth A2DP Audio Streaming Fix For The 'Next Release' Of Android 4.2

I'm with Bell Mobility too. I upgraded to JB awhile ago and I haven't been able to connect to anything regarding bluetooth. It's connected, than no connection. It really sucks. I never had an issue before this upgrade. I'm truly disappointed.

Thanked by:
    Comp625 likes this.

So I had the galaxy s2 it worked for my car. I bought t mobile galaxy s3 and the Bluetooth connects to my Nissan altima coupe 2008. I have a full tech pakage with navigation system and everything, and the audio is also garbaged doing a blue tooth call same problem!

ROM
    ICS playing with some JB

Wow I just found on CDA a ROM that has this fixed already

bad *** Baked sg3
    / http://dragcave.net/view/uUS85

My 2 weeks old S3 BT doesn't work with my Volvo MY12 BT, but it works with my 2012 Mazda 3 . It's looking for connection and syncing over and over....... non stop. when you double press the home key on the S3. my S3 totally crashed. No light, no respond from any key.I took the battery out and restarted the S3. I am going to take S3 back to the shop tomorrow to check up. But I don't think i will get the right answer from them. S3 is a phone doesn't do what it should do. I should stay with my iphone, at least it works when I need it.

Since upgrading to Jelly Bean from Ice cream sandwich bluetooth on my 2013 BMW X3 keeps disconnecting. Took to dealership and they say it's a problem with Samsung S3... Ugh... Please, Samsung, do something about this! I work out of my car and Verizon said there is no way to go back to the old version.

Angry Re: Jelly bean update and bluetooth Calling issue

I own the very same car Infiniti G35S Iam having the very same problem you are, with distoration sound
    when calling out or incoming calls. I have tired other phones and they all work great. I called the Infiniti bluetooth
    department and they said they have recieved alot of calls about the same issues. It is not a problem with the
    bluetooth in the car. It defintely a issue with the galaxys3. I got my phone back in october and it worked fine and then
    all of a sudden it started making that crazy noise. I called samsung and they were no help at all. They want me to
    to send the phone back to them so that they can check it out. I would be with out a phone for two weeks or so. I would
    like to know how to roll it back to the 4.0.4 ICS. and hopefully they will fix there jelly bean issue.
    So how do you roll back??? HELP

Same exact problem ever since I upgraded to jelly bean with my 2013 BMW. Samsung says the car manufacturer needs to update their bloothtooth technology. It worked just fine with Ice cream sandwich. Better figure it out Samsung.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherri Shatto Anderson View Post
    Same exact problem ever since I upgraded to jelly bean with my 2013 BMW. Samsung says the car manufacturer needs to update their bloothtooth technology. It worked just fine with Ice cream sandwich. Better figure it out Samsung.
    There are other phones not working. In fact the Nexus 7 supposedly is not working with bluetooth. I don't think it's a Samsung issue. I think it's a Google issue. I just switched my S3 to use Speakerphone when in the car dock instead of bluetooth. It's not the greatest fix but at least I have connectivity when I need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ansextra View Post
    There are other phones not working. In fact the Nexus 7 supposedly is not working with bluetooth. I don't think it's a Samsung issue. I think it's a Google issue. I just switched my S3 to use Speakerphone when in the car dock instead of bluetooth. It's not the greatest fix but at least I have connectivity when I need it.
    How do you make the speakerphone default? Mine always defaults to car audio (which doesn't work); I can change it to the speakerphone on my my but it's a hassle each time. I did go back to the previous version (4.2.1) and bluetooth is working great with my car now.

Quote Originally Posted by lodaka View Post
    How do you make the speakerphone default? Mine always defaults to car audio (which doesn't work); I can change it to the speakerphone on my my but it's a hassle each time. I did go back to the previous version (4.2.1) and bluetooth is working great with my car now.
    I'm using my S3 with the iBolt car dock. It's an option in Car Home Ultra which I use. Sorry I didn't make that clear. Car Home Ultra also has an option to default to bluetooth which I used to use until JB screwed everything up. Well worth the $1.99 in the Play Store.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast