1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Jelly Bean bug?

I just updated my s3 to the new Jelly Bean 4.1.1. but I notice a decrease in speed. When texting, it lags, when making transitions, it lags often. Did i do something wrong? I went to about device in the settings and scanned for updates. The new update popped up so I allowed it to download and update my phone. Should I have put the phone through a hard reset? Also, Android File Transfer doesn't work and I never got Google Now and the "Butter" app or whatever.
    Please help
    ~Jeff

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jedi V1.1 - KitKat 4.4.2

Default Re: Jelly Bean bug?

Butter is not an app... It's the smoothness the new Android OS runs at Here you can see how it "works"

Do a factory reset that should help, I know it's the easy way out but better than nothing.
    Do not question the words I type, question the reply you are typing at this moment...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

My question is, should I have cleared all data, cache, and partition before updating? I dont know why it is but it made my s3 slower..

No you don't need to clear any data or cache before updating/upgrading. This happens to many Android devices. I have had about 5 to 6 android devices so far and they all end up slow after a upgrade. I don't know why but a reset/reformat of the phone/tablet makes it perform much better. My S3 was a bit slow also, but it works fine now, but I didn't reset it either.