Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GTWalling
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    It seems like the color theme doesn't really fit with the update. It's weird that when you pull the notification shade down, you get the blueish bar along the bottom but the quick settings are green, it just seems kinda "off" to me. Overall though my device seems somewhat more sluggish and studders here and there, especially with builtin apps for some reason, like messaging and the phone. There's a few other things too....

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  2. #2  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    The bottom of mine when I pull down the notifications is Gray. Also mine is very responsive, no slow downs at all. I did do a Factory reset after install. This is recommended by the Dev's over at XDA for any new rom install.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    I got the phone two weeks ago. Updated to JB as soon as out came out.

    Very smooth. Having fun with Google Now.

    Sent from my Galaxy S3
  4. #4  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Love it. Few things I absolutely hate (Takes longer to bring up multitask window, Blue tint to email, browser, and home screen sometimes.) Everything else I love. Can't wait for 4.1.2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Yeah I'm probably going to end up doing a factory reset. I didn't at first because it's a pain setting up the home screens and stuff again. I probably should though

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  6. #6  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by intoaction66 View Post
    Yeah I'm probably going to end up doing a factory reset. I didn't at first because it's a pain setting up the home screens and stuff again. I probably should though

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    To be on the safe side get SMS and App Backup and Restore and just backup your SMS and apps to the SDCard.

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ture=nav_other

    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ure=nav_result
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
  7. #7  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    I like JB so far, just hope there's an update soon to fix a few bugs. I have to change my default keyboard back to SwiftKey every couple of days, as well as re check the keep screen on while charging option. Also, I don't care for the dark gray notification bar, the black one looked better with most of my wallpapers.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Freakin awesome sauce I had tha JB prerelease b4 tha official but it great nice smooth expanded notifications and google now is tha best feature it just learns everything and auto feeds u info on tha go or b4 u leave home to go to work or otherwise

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by ****** Bigelow View Post
    I like JB so far, just hope there's an update soon to fix a few bugs. I have to change my default keyboard back to SwiftKey every couple of days, as well as re check the keep screen on while charging option. Also, I don't care for the dark gray notification bar, the black one looked better with most of my wallpapers.
    I have never had that keyboard issue did u reset ur phone after installing JB

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  10. #10  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by ybcthanerd View Post
    I have never had that keyboard issue did u reset ur phone after installing JB

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
    Did a reset and still having the same issues. It happens every time I reboot. I'm using SwiftKey, I'll try a different keyboard and see if it still reverts to the Samsung keyboard.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    I don't mind it. I do notice that in order to save the battery while surfing the net the screen is tinted blue. When on full battery its a normal white.

    How does one bring up the multitasking window???

    Eta: I hate everytime I go to select a picture it asks if I want to choose from drop box or gallery then asks if I want to "always" or "just once" use that method. So annoying.


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
  12. #12  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mama2ata View Post
    I don't mind it. I do notice that in order to save the battery while surfing the net the screen is tinted blue. When on full battery its a normal white.

    How does one bring up the multitasking window???

    Eta: I hate everytime I go to select a picture it asks if I want to choose from drop box or gallery then asks if I want to "always" or "just once" use that method. So annoying.


    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    For the screen tint try going to Settings/Display and uncheck Auto adjust screen tone. If this does not work then go to Settings/Power saving mode and uncheck Screen power saving and Background color. To get to the multitasking window long press on the home button.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
  13. #13  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Jelly Bean turned my device into a lagging mess.

    When it was on 4.0.4 it was as quick and responsive as an iPhone, operating without a hint of lag and now it suffers from input lag using the software keyboard, stock browser went from being liquid smooth to sluggish, slower when launching and exiting programs, the entire phone is clunkier and slower than before.

    Overall, it has been a real downgrade.

    This is after two factory resets and re-installing everything from scratch, without there being too much on my device in the first place.

    Its making me regret purchasing my S3.
  14. #14  
    duck383's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,285 Global Posts
    ROM
    KitKat 4.4.4 (stock)

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    loving JB so far not to many complaints just got Gs3 week ago today added JB 4.1 cpl days later so still learning
  15. #15  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Can some screen shot this new multitasking window? Long pressing the home button only brings up a lust of items I have done/looked at throughout the day.


    I've included a ss of what lo g pressing the home button does.

    Or is this the actual feature?.



    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
  16. #16  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    One in the same. That is also the window to get to the running apps without look for the ICON. You can clear them or tap on one to reopen it where you left it.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3
    (No KNOX)
  17. #17  
    ungibbed's Avatar

    Posts
    90 Posts
    Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    ROM
    T-mo stock ROM(JLB 4.1.1)

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    My S3 has been an absolute champ ever since the update. Amazingly responsive and always quick from any input. Not a single real issue aside from some older games I bought on Google Play refusing to install with it being "not compatible". Gameloft and EA being the largest offenders of not updating their apps for JLB.

    By itself, I love the new features and simply how fast this phone is.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Is the video play while looking at other stuff new or was it released with the jelly bean update?
  19. #19  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mama2ata View Post
    Can some screen shot this new multitasking window? Long pressing the home button only brings up a lust of items I have done/looked at throughout the day.


    I've included a ss of what lo g pressing the home button does. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/01/a7y7ypa9.jpg

    Or is this the actual feature?.



    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    I think ur looking for tha multi window screen I.e. two apps side by side correct? But thats only on tha gslaxy note 2 for now there is a rumor that samsung might put it out for tha s3 in tha next JB update

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  20. #20  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bizzare View Post
    Is the video play while looking at other stuff new or was it released with the jelly bean update?
    I believe this feature came with ICS.

    My S3 seems to be running fine. Only issue I have is that the area below the battery gets hot after 15-20 mins of phone use, apps, youtube, games etc. Is this normal?
  21. #21  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by krazyeighty8 View Post
    I believe this feature came with ICS.

    My S3 seems to be running fine. Only issue I have is that the area below the battery gets hot after 15-20 mins of phone use, apps, youtube, games etc. Is this normal?
    It did come with the phone. My battery gets hot too if I'm using it while it's charging. Try getting a new battery.

    O_o WISHING I HAD WAITED AND GOT THE NOTE 2, ANYONE WANNA TRADE? o>_<o~
  22. #22  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by ybcthanerd View Post
    I think ur looking for tha multi window screen I.e. two apps side by side correct? But thats only on tha gslaxy note 2 for now there is a rumor that samsung might put it out for tha s3 in tha next JB update

    Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums


    That is correct! Would be nice if its in the next update! Side by side would be perfect.

    Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
  23. #23  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Loving it, haven't had any issues to deal with, and Im still finding upgraded "stuff", I especially like the SPEEEEED>
  24. #24  

    Default Re: What does everyone think about the JB update on their Gs3's?

    Quote Originally Posted by xKrNMBoYx View Post
    Love it. Few things I absolutely hate (Takes longer to bring up multitask window, Blue tint to email, browser, and home screen sometimes.) Everything else I love. Can't wait for 4.1.2
    That's from the power saving mode settings you have to turn off the background tint option (background something might not be tint)

Similar Threads

  1. What's everyone think about the LG Optimus 2X?
    By Sean Brunett in forum International Optimus 2X
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 02:50 PM
  2. Replies: 73
    Last Post: 07-08-2010, 12:08 AM
  3. So what does every think about the Galaxy Pro S coming to Sprint?
    By ghostyroasty in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 06-17-2010, 07:16 PM
  4. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 06-16-2010, 07:18 PM

Posting Permissions