Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default is tmobile truly unlimited

i have told verizon i am going to a unlimited either tmobile or sprint. they tell me after 2g these so called unlimited throttle your account. is that true

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: is tmobile truly unlimited

Depends on the data plan. Tmo does offer a truly unlimited data plan, along with the "unlimited" data plans that throttle after 2G or 4G. Sprint is truly unlimited, but /slow/.

Sent from my HTC One S using Android Central Forums
    Be nice. Until it's time to not be nice. - Dalton, Road House
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

thanks for reply

Sent from my AT100 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

Like stated above, there are the two versions of unlimited on T-Mobile. The "unlimited" will not ever cost you extra for going over, but gets significantly slower after your GB limit.

The actual unlimited is just free use of the 4G without any limitation. I think it's about $20 difference in price. I'm paying about $85/month for truly unlimited everything and don't even have my work discount applied yet.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga

I am using T-Mobile's 2GB Unlimited Data plan. What happens is you get 2GB of "4G." Basically what it means is you get throttled down to "EDGE" after you use the initial 2GB of data of that month. It doesn't matter if the speed of the initial data were not all 4G.

T-Mobile now offers "real unlimited" with no throttling. That means you will be getting the full speeds that is not controlled by T-Mobile.

Although I am in a family/value plan it only costs me $10 more to get true unlimited then my 2GB unlimited. From what I know uts cheaper to go unkimited than 5GB and 10GB but you lose ability to tether "officially. "

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Infected Eternity/stock

As of now, I don't have the ability to tether on my True Unlimited Everything plan. It would cost me $3.99/month extra for that feature through T-Mobile.
    Thunderbolt Saga > Brett Favre Saga