This Battery Life Can't Be Normal - Ideas?

Battlefaze

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got my Galaxy S3 yesterday morning, let the battery drain, charged it fully...
I noticed that the battery was draining quite quickly but i figured maybe if i let the battery drain and recharge again, it'll fix itself
Today I took my phone off its charger when it was at 100% and in a few hours, it was just about gone...

INFO:
-WiFi off, bluetooth off, GPS on, snyc off, power saving mode is even on :(
-screen at about 25% brightness, mostly trying out a a game or texting a few friends.

Can anyone tell me why's it like this, or if i have a faulty battery or something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-21-23-11-45.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-21-23-11-45.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 35

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
What is the reason to make a duplicate thread with a slightly different title.

You're battery time does seem a lot shorter. From my experiences the first charge is never dramatically shorter then the charge after a few weeks or more. It seems you're using your phone a lot by seeing two games being in your top 10 battery used list. I check PlayStore everyday several times and it is not even on my list. While tablet's have the ability to have around 7-10 hours of actual use, phone's don't really have that ability. I just checked my statistics.

65% Discharging
11h 37m 4s on battery
Screen 30%
Android OS 14%
GPS 11%
Android System 9%
Device Idle 7%
Cell Standby 7%

How many apps and background services are being run continuously? What is your screen timeout? Is this S3 new? Are you using the stock battery?

It is better to have wifi on if there is wifi available where you are at. The reason is cell radio 3g/4g uses more power normally then wifi, but if you have bad signals it will use even more. GPS should be kept off if not being used as it does use a significant amount of battery in my experiences.

By your usage explanation the time you're getting on your phone is horrible. You're explanation says you use your phone less then me, but I get around a day and a half of battery life usually. Either that or you're not telling us your usage correctly.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
What is the reason to make a duplicate thread with a slightly different title.

You're battery time does seem a lot shorter. From my experiences the first charge is never dramatically shorter then the charge after a few weeks or more. It seems you're using your phone a lot by seeing two games being in your top 10 battery used list. I check PlayStore everyday several times and it is not even on my list. While tablet's have the ability to have around 7-10 hours of actual use, phone's don't really have that ability. I just checked my statistics.

65% Discharging
11h 37m 4s on battery
Screen 30%
Android OS 14%
GPS 11%
Android System 9%
Device Idle 7%
Cell Standby 7%

How many apps and background services are being run continuously? What is your screen timeout? Is this S3 new? Are you using the stock battery?

It is better to have wifi on if there is wifi available where you are at. The reason is cell radio 3g/4g uses more power normally then wifi, but if you have bad signals it will use even more. GPS should be kept off if not being used as it does use a significant amount of battery in my experiences.

By your usage explanation the time you're getting on your phone is horrible. You're explanation says you use your phone less then me, but I get around a day and a half of battery life usually. Either that or you're not telling us your usage correctly.

Also, did you do a restore of your apps or download them all over again?

Sent from my X-Band Modem... TY Genesis

ComputerJAM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I corrected my battery issue (similar to yours, draining quickly with minimal use) by do a restart once the battery was drained.

So let your phone get down to under 10% battery life and perform a restart. Then charge as normal. This worked for me.

ComputerJAM

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Damn that kinda sucks lol

Sent from my SGH-T999

Well, the good news is that I didn't have to keep doing that. I read that tip on these forums, followed them and my battery problems were fixed.

If you continue to have problems, I would start to look at things like the actual battery, your charger or even the charging port itself.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I corrected my battery issue (similar to yours, draining quickly with minimal use) by do a restart once the battery was drained.

So let your phone get down to under 10% battery life and perform a restart. Then charge as normal. This worked for me.

I do this by just pure habit. I always reboot my phone before charging and I'd have to agree that it has helped prevent a lot of issues :).

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar