1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default New GS3 and few minor irritations

So the short story is I left Tmobile to go to sprint for unlimited data, it was a disaster so when tmobile offered unlimited again I came right back. Been back for 2 weeks now with the new GS3 and overall great phone (I had the GS2 on Sprint). Fast forward to now here are some of my minor complaints or irritants I am hoping can be fixed rather than it being "just the way it is"

1. I use the facebook app because I like synching the contacts. With that I use the facebook widget. Once in a while I will notice the widget is blank (no status updates) and when I click on it nothing happens. I usually have to open facebook from the apps and then the widget works again or just wait and randomly it comes back. During this time I have full signal (either from tmo or wifi) so not sure what is causing it. Anyone else having the issue or know the problem?

2. I am using the stock OS and widgets, one of which being that clock/weather widget. I notice many times when I am in messaging or another app doing whatever and then I press the home button to go back to the main screen that clock/weather widget is gone for a second or 2 and then it "pops in" and updates and all is good. Again anyone else experiencing this or is it a flw with my phone specifically?

Default Re: New GS3 and few minor irritations

Well I don't use Facebook so I can't help with that but as far as the clock/weather widget goes, that just seems to be something with the Gs3. Just a minor pause when coming back to home screen after closing an app probably just for the image to load. It's normal and happens on mine too

My GS3 sleeps in the bed and my girlfriend sleeps on the couch.

The Facebook app it self is buggy, not the fault of the GS3. Many post here and elsewhere about it.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram

Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by techgeekny View Post
    So the short story is I left Tmobile to go to sprint for unlimited data, it was a disaster so when tmobile offered unlimited again I came right back. Been back for 2 weeks now with the new GS3 and overall great phone (I had the GS2 on Sprint). Fast forward to now here are some of my minor complaints or irritants I am hoping can be fixed rather than it being "just the way it is"

1. I use the facebook app because I like synching the contacts. With that I use the facebook widget. Once in a while I will notice the widget is blank (no status updates) and when I click on it nothing happens. I usually have to open facebook from the apps and then the widget works again or just wait and randomly it comes back. During this time I have full signal (either from tmo or wifi) so not sure what is causing it. Anyone else having the issue or know the problem?

2. I am using the stock OS and widgets, one of which being that clock/weather widget. I notice many times when I am in messaging or another app doing whatever and then I press the home button to go back to the main screen that clock/weather widget is gone for a second or 2 and then it "pops in" and updates and all is good. Again anyone else experiencing this or is it a flw with my phone specifically?

If you let Facebook sync contacts that could be part of the problem. It will also kill you battery fast. Reason why is that it's constantly updating contact pics and statuses which will drain your battery