From Sprint to T-mobile Questions/Help

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I am new to this subforum, I have been with sprint for a long time and I also had a Galaxy S3 w/ sprint but our company moved us over to T-Mobile because of signal issues and reliability and that part is great. The T-Mobile signal here in Tampa, FL is great. I usually have 4g just about everywhere i go. (never w/ sprint)

My questions is, it seems like the Galaxy S3 for T-Mobile (w/ Jelly Bean) is more buggy than the sprint version. Here are some of the issues i'm experiencing:

- When I send a picture message it tries to send it as a slideshow and same when i receive a picture message. It's annoying. Sprint had this issue and they corrected it shortly after it was released.

screenshot2012120410133.png

- Swype seems very buggy, when I'm writing words that have number in them like for example: "335i" it puts the 335 but when i try to add the "i" it disappears every time like it's self deleting happens w/ lots of words.

- When I try to open a video file full screen it exits the player and it opens like it's a widget on top of everything which is weird. then i can expand the video size using pinch to zoom but it's like a widget and won't allow me to fast forward or pause i can only click X to close it.
screenshot2012120410114.png

Are you guys having same issues or is it only me. I will try to get comparison of my sprint one side by side so you can see the difference. that may take a day or two.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't say anything about sprint but from what I understand it's all the same. The problem that you're having with 355i is the auto correct. The picture widget is normal its a built into the s3 naturally by Samsung. The picture send/receive issue is also naturally built into the s3 by Samsung. Sprint vs tmo has nothing to do with your issues. You just notice it more

Rastafari is my king

05 TypeS DC5

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
That's not picture to widget. That's what happens when i open a video and click to enlarge the video. it turns into a widget like video on top of w/e i have open. The picture messages is a bug, sprint fixed that w/ it's first ota, i don't know why the tmobile version is displaying single picture as a slideshow. it should display full screen when you click on it not slideshow. I will definately do comparison pictures tonight to show.

xKrNMBoYx

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
1) It is normal for a picture message to show and send as a slide show. Atleast for GSM Networks. This happens on my S3, S2 on T-Mobile and S2 for AT&T. I don't know if it's different on Sprint or Verizon but this is what I have experienced the whole time. It shows as a slideshow but you can still save the photo if you want.

2) For keyboards just check the settings before you ask anything. Do you still have your sprint phone, or do you remember what it was set to? The default keyboard settings may be different. I have had the issue where words delete initially when trying to edit it. This is due to the auto correct, but I have not had this issue after I updated to 4.1.1. It also may because I disabled auto correct.

3) This issue is not a bug at all. It is a important and nice feature that allows you to watch videos while doing other things like web browsing, reading, etc. I have yet to use it but the first thing you need to know is that this is not a bug. Check all settings for the default video app. This feature is called Pop Up Play. You can enable pop up play by pressing button on the bottom right next to the Fast forward/skip button. I'm guessing you can get back to full screen by pressing that. I can't check that for you because the only video I have on my S3 is The Avengers, and I can't even use Pop Up Play currently.

So at the end nothing is an actual bug or an issue. It's just not to your liking or not the same as Sprint.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
In your video if you tap the vid you will see an X appear top right. Tap the X it will close the player. You should then be able to use the player as full screen. As far as the MMS showing Pics as a vid, I downloaded GoSMS and using it as Default. It has no problem showing Pics as Pictures. Why T-Mobile has not corrected this no one knows. Been many of post about it but not fix.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress