Questions regarding 4g on an unlocked GS3

Hiibby

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit with a prepaid T- mobile plan that's 30 dollars unlimited text+web and 100 minutes. I can get 4g speeds with this phone but if I wanted to switch to an unlocked Galaxy S3 by putting in my current SIM card, would I still be able to get 4G speeds? I have researched a bit into this and found out that I may not be able to get 4g speeds on an unlocked Galaxy S3 phone. Even the one they are selling on T-mobile's website has someone claiming that they cannot get 4g speeds on it. Would I need to get a specific type of Galaxy S3 for my 4g to still work on it?

Rockafella

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I currently have a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit with a prepaid T- mobile plan that's 30 dollars unlimited text+web and 100 minutes. I can get 4g speeds with this phone but if I wanted to switch to an unlocked Galaxy S3 by putting in my current SIM card, would I still be able to get 4G speeds? I have researched a bit into this and found out that I may not be able to get 4g speeds on an unlocked Galaxy S3 phone. Even the one they are selling on T-mobile's website has someone claiming that they cannot get 4g speeds on it. Would I need to get a specific type of Galaxy S3 for my 4g to still work on it?

If there is 4g service in the area then you shouldn't have a problem getting 4g unlocked or not. Unlocking the S3 doesn't magically unlock something on the S3 to give you 4g. The 4g service is either in the area or its not and you will get it depending on that using a T-mobile S3

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
In order to get 4G speeds on Tmobile you MUST buy a Tmobile S3 (SGH-T999), NOT AN INTERNATIONAL (GT-I9300). The two phones have different frequencies that they operate on. At least until Tmobile gets done "refarming" their spectrum you WILL NOT get 4G from the GT-I9300.