- 5 Posts
Unlocked S3 Tethering?!?! Straight Talk
Hello, I have an unlocked t-mobile galaxy s3 and i am using Straight Talk.
I was able to use tethering, but once i updated the phone to 4.1.1 I was not able to tether anymore.
Is there a way to bypass this? can I root my phone?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
- 12-30-2012, 10:24 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: Unlocked S3 Tethering?!?! Straight Talk
I'm not sure about T-Mobile, but I'm using a rooted AT&T GS3 on Straight Talk and was able to download the "WiFi Tether for Root Users" App. In settings select >Change Device-Profile>Generic ICS/JB(wlan0). Make sure Change Setup-Method is set to auto.
To make tethering work I had to go into the APN and remove the proxy address so that under Proxy is says Not Set. Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Straight Talk.
So far I've had no issues with this as I am typing from my laptop that is tethered to my Straight Talk GS3.
- By geekconnection in forum Droid BionicReplies: 17Last Post: 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM
- By MannyZ28 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
- By Patricia Rebonato in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM
- By churro in forum Inspire Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 05-16-2011, 10:18 PM
- By dougeetx in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 3Last Post: 12-28-2010, 05:13 AM