1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Unlocked S3 Tethering?!?! Straight Talk

Hello, I have an unlocked t-mobile galaxy s3 and i am using Straight Talk.

I was able to use tethering, but once i updated the phone to 4.1.1 I was not able to tether anymore.

Is there a way to bypass this? can I root my phone?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Unlocked S3 Tethering?!?! Straight Talk

I'm not sure about T-Mobile, but I'm using a rooted AT&T GS3 on Straight Talk and was able to download the "WiFi Tether for Root Users" App. In settings select >Change Device-Profile>Generic ICS/JB(wlan0). Make sure Change Setup-Method is set to auto.

To make tethering work I had to go into the APN and remove the proxy address so that under Proxy is says Not Set. Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Straight Talk.

So far I've had no issues with this as I am typing from my laptop that is tethered to my Straight Talk GS3.
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for all the info.

What Android version are you running. I have 4.1.1

u got s link for that or how u do it

Quote Originally Posted by cekelle24 View Post
    I'm not sure about T-Mobile, but I'm using a rooted AT&T GS3 on Straight Talk and was able to download the "WiFi Tether for Root Users" App. In settings select >Change Device-Profile>Generic ICS/JB(wlan0). Make sure Change Setup-Method is set to auto.

To make tethering work I had to go into the APN and remove the proxy address so that under Proxy is says Not Set. Settings>More Settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names>Straight Talk.

So far I've had no issues with this as I am typing from my laptop that is tethered to my Straight Talk GS3.
    Hello do You still tethering on your phone
    Using same settings ?
    And what rom are you using? Thank you in advance.

How about using wireless tether on a straight talk/tracphone s968c gs3 I have it cydiaimpactor rooted and using the Trev E wireless tether mod but it still doesn't broadcast the SSID. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Peterman View Post
    Any ideas?
    That was all gibberish to me, but I thought FoxFi: was working.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

use aptoide to get foxfi 2.12.2.and also grab the foxfi key. Any version of foxfi after 2.12.2 i think is when they were bought out by pda.net. And those products do not work very well to tether with .
    Also , if you tether your laptop, you should get a user string changer for whichever browser you are using . That way it will show up a a android device , and it will not go against your tethering limit .
    If you are using android 4.3 , it becomes much more difficult to tether, and a few other programs and steps are needed to make it work .