Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Brand NEW T-Mobile S3 Signal Issues

I bought a brand new T-mobile S3 and I can not get a signal on my phone. The phone has no bars most of the time or the signal fluctuates constantly. Data fluctuates as well from 4G to Edge. I bought the phone literally two hours ago and don't clue what's up with the signal. I am on T-mobile's prepaid month 4G plan FYI. I called T-mobile and they made sure my IMEI# and Sim Number was in order. T-Mobile support told me to wait 24hrs and if the issue does not resolve itself to return the phone. Does anyone have a clue?
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    Nexus (A) is less than Nexus (B)
    Nexus (B) is greater than Nexus (A)
    ______
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Brand NEW T-Mobile S3 Signal Issues

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I bought a brand new T-mobile S3 and I can not get a signal on my phone. The phone has no bars most of the time or the signal fluctuates constantly. Data fluctuates as well from 4G to Edge. I bought the phone literally two hours ago and don't clue what's up with the signal. I am on T-mobile's prepaid month 4G plan FYI. I called T-mobile and they made sure my IMEI# and Sim Number was in order. T-Mobile support told me to wait 24hrs and if the issue does not resolve itself to return the phone. Does anyone have a clue?
    UPDATE

My signal is now more consistent at 3 to 4 bars but I am still stuck on edge.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
    Google is for the people and by the people. Android is for the people and by the tech people. Nexus is for the geeks and by the geeks.
    Solve
    [Nexus (A) + the latest and greatest tech] < [Nexus (B) + the best proven and optimize tech]
    Answer
    ______

same here got the galaxy3 today (tmobile) havent had signal all day,cant get on the internet..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mc View Post
    same here got the galaxy3 today (tmobile) havent had signal all day,cant get on the internet..
    I had my network mode set to GSM only which is reason why I was stuck on edge. Now I have my network mode set toLTE/GSM/WCDMA(Auto mode). Now I have 4G but my signal strength is still fluctuating. The signal in my house so far seems pretty weak because I get no bars or just one or two for my signal.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

You need to switch to WI-FI under T-Mobile due too signal issues.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    1,580 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by bunique4life05 View Post
    I had my network mode set to GSM only which is reason why I was stuck on edge. Now I have my network mode set toLTE/GSM/WCDMA(Auto mode). Now I have 4G but my signal strength is still fluctuating. The signal in my house so far seems pretty weak because I get no bars or just one or two for my signal.
    UPDATE
    My neighbor hood has a "satisfactory" level for signal by T-mobile's coverage map.
    Quote Originally Posted by FBPD10 View Post
    You need to switch to WI-FI under T-Mobile due too signal issues.

I switch to wifi at my house because my signal is so poor in my house. I have no bars in my house most of the time and the data drops to the 2G. The phone's outside my neighbor hood is adequate.
    Solve
    Answer
    ______