WiFi hotspot problem. Help!

jurr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I can't turn on the hotspot function but it did work in the past. Every time I try it just goes back to off. Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

jurr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Wikipedia hotspot problem. Help!

I don't live in the us so I don't have an t-mobile plan.

sagarmpatil

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I have exact same problem.. I have T-Mobile S3 (SGH-T999) bought from US and I am in the UK on 3 Network. For some reason I am also not able to turn on the WiFi hotspot. As soon as turn it on it automatically goes to OFF. I rooted my device, still no go.. installed WiFi tether app but still no go. I need this to work desperately.

Any help to get this resolved is much appreciated.

cheers!
SP

jurr

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Which WiFi tether app? I downloaded foxfi and it works for me

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
This is because it is blocked. If you have a Tmobile gs3 tmobile has worked with Samsung to block it unless you have a tmobile hot spot package on your account. Since you are not in the US and don't have Tmobile this is a problem for you.

I would suggest using foxfi to bypass the standard hot spot app.

yurais

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
my problem is that for hotspot to work phone must be connected to Mobile Data, if mobile Data is not connected hotspot will not get enabled.

I know you will say: what are you planning to do with a hotspot if not sharing your mobile data line ?
well, I would like to enable the hotspot without enabling de data, and enable teh data when I need it, thus keeping the connectivity across equipoments connected to the hotspot.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante