Victim of a scam? How am I going to solve it?

cemsazak

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if someone shows me a solution.

3 months ago I purchased a brand new T-Mobile phone on Ebay. I already had contract. I used it without any problem for 2 months. One day "Not registered on network" message appeared and since then I'm unable to make calls and use 4G. T-Mobile told me that the IMEI number I have is blocked because the phone is under contract for someone else and he's default on his payments. I contacted the seller but he does not accept returns since it's been more than 14 days. Now I'm stuck with the phone that does not make calls and paid a week's salary for it.

My question is: if I unlock the phone will I be able to make calls and use 4G with T-mobile?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
No, unlocking the phone will not change the IMEI number. The only way would be to unlock and use it on ATT, but then you would have to pay a Early Termination Fee to T-Mobile. If you can show proof of purchase to T-Mobile you may be able to use it. Contact E-Bay and see if they may help. Did you send a check or charge card. Some Charge Cards offer purchase protection. Also just a thought you may be able to bring charges for selling stolen goods since he did not own the phone to sell.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
If it is like vzw or some other carriers. That phone is black listed until the bill is paid. No way to change the imei. Till then it's only a WiFi device

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I would really appreciate it if someone shows me a solution.

3 months ago I purchased a brand new T-Mobile phone on Ebay. I already had contract. I used it without any problem for 2 months. One day "Not registered on network" message appeared and since then I'm unable to make calls and use 4G. T-Mobile told me that the IMEI number I have is blocked because the phone is under contract for someone else and he's default on his payments. I contacted the seller but he does not accept returns since it's been more than 14 days. Now I'm stuck with the phone that does not make calls and paid a week's salary for it.

My question is: if I unlock the phone will I be able to make calls and use 4G with T-mobile?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

I would for sure file a complaint with Ebay and if you didn't use a CC but used Paypal, file one with them also. Been years since I bought on Ebay, but I'm thinking the seller has a certain amount of time to reply to Ebay and Paypal when you file the complaint and if they don't, then they find them in default and can get your money back.