Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default My phone randomly bricked today. Any solutions

So today my phone was working fine. I pull it out of my pocket and the screen is black. Tried to turn it off and back on with the power button but that did nothing. I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it went to the first screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S3" and permanently froze there. I did root it a few months ago and never had a problem with it. I'm able to load Odin on the phone but I can't get to the factory reset screen by doing Volume+UP+Power. I tried using Odin and putting back in the official firmware but it gets stuck at "NAND Write Start!!"

Seriously, any help will be appreciated.

Update: Now as soon as I turn on the phone it goes to Odin and says:
    Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.

Default Re: My phone randomly bricked today. Any solutions

Quote Originally Posted by anthony15900 View Post
    So today my phone was working fine. I pull it out of my pocket and the screen is black. Tried to turn it off and back on with the power button but that did nothing. I pulled the battery out and put it back in and then it went to the first screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S3" and permanently froze there. I did root it a few months ago and never had a problem with it. I'm able to load Odin on the phone but I can't get to the factory reset screen by doing Volume+UP+Power. I tried using Odin and putting back in the official firmware but it gets stuck at "NAND Write Start!!"

Seriously, any help will be appreciated.

Update: Now as soon as I turn on the phone it goes to Odin and says:
    Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies and try again.
    I'd go ask Skunkape60 (on these forums). The man is a guru with phones and may know what's going on. I am not sure what would cause this for no reason for change to the phone.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Retired Ambassador

Default Re: My phone randomly bricked today. Any solutions

What method did you use to return to stock? Could you provide the link to where you got the tar file?

I am guessing you have the SGH-T999 was the tar you downloaded version T999UVDLJA ?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/signaturepics/sigpic70132_2.gif