Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Galaxy S3 will not connect to any WiFi network

Hi, new poster so please be gentle!

Galaxy S3 went into EE for a warranty repair (screen just went blank). Came back Monday all fine and dandy, had a software update whilst it was away and I set everything up. WiFi working fine on my home WiFi connection (BT Infinity Hub). Switched WiFi off last night before I went to bed and today it won't connect to anything - work/home/free McDonalds WiFi, absolutely nothing. Did a factory reset on the Galaxy, reset my Hub..nada. Laptop, husband's Sony Experia and PC all connected fine. I have no idea what happened to it overnight! It just says 'authenticating' and then 'network disabled, poor connection' despite having all 4 bars and a 'very strong' signal. This happens with every connection I try to make. I've done the *#0011# trick, done a factory reset, battery out etc.

This is starting to wind me up. Any ideas? It's running Android 4.1.2. I really don't want to have to take it back and be stuck with their joke of a loan phone for a fortnight again!
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy S3 will not connect to any WiFi network

Fixed it. Not really sure how to be honest but it at least connects at home. Just went into my router/hub wireless settings, kept them all as they were but clicked apply and hey presto instant WiFi. Bizarre!