There is a birthday cake showing when no birthdays are synced!!! WHY!?!?

looshdolla

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I am becoming increasingly frustrated that my brand new Galaxy S3 is displaying a birthday cake in the top left part of my home screen where I have my weather/time widget. I have made sure that my calender is not syncing any of my contacts birthdays. I opened my calender and there are no birthdays listed in today's date (or any other date for that matter). I have removed my battery, attempting to reset the calender. The birthday cake went away for a few days, but it has now returned.

I just need some advice on how to remove this birthday cake from my home screen because it is very annoying to see that every time I look at my phone. Does anyone out there know how to fix this!?

THANK YOU

looshdolla

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Where would I turn off the notifications? There were two "sync birthdays" sections under my calender settings that I unchecked. But the birthday cake still shows up.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
To turn off notification to a certain app go into Settings/Application Manager. Move over to All and then scroll down to the app you want to turn off the notifications. Select the App and uncheck show notifications.

looshdolla

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I have turned off all notifications for birthdays...inside the facebook app and in my calender. The birthday cake went away for a few days again, but now it is back again. I checked the mobile push notifications again and they are still unchecked. I have no idea why this birthday cake will not go away...

lyn1234560

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
How can I get the birthday cake icon back on my phone on the left hand side on my weather widget? I have family and friend's birthday's set in my calendar.
Before, I did the new software update the birthday cake icon was there for every birthday's, and now it disappear. Can anyone help me get this icon back on my phone?

Last edited:

jpolar

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
How can I get the birthday cake icon back on my phone on the left hand side on my weather widget? I have family and friend's birthday's set in my calendar.
Before, I did the new software update the birthday cake icon was there for every birthday's, and now it disappear. Can anyone help me get this icon back on my phone?

To solve both the queries on this thread, open the weather widget, go to settings and tick/untick the boxes relating to birthday notifications.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc