- 306 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Confused about 1700MHz
I'm really confused about this. I thought to get 4g on the T-Mobile network you had to have the 1700MHz band. As far as I can tell, this phone is missing it. Is the spec page on the T-Mobile site wrong? If so, can someone point me toward the complete specs?
I'm really trying to find out if the international version would work - but I need to take baby steps... I can't even understand how the US T-Mobile version of this phone is working.
- 02-09-2013, 11:21 AM #2
Re: Confused about 1700MHz
Your not confused. Like any major company they make mistakes. The Samsung GS3 TMO variant aka SGH-T999 Samsung Galaxy S3 T999 - Full phone specifications
does have the 1700mhz aws band. This is where the bulk of its HSDPA+21 network is located at. They are also adding new 1900mhz pcs spectrum to their network for capacity and to enhance the ATT unlocked phones people bring over to the TMO network. I have not confirmed if the LTE they are adding is in the 1700, 1900 or 2100mhz block. But the rule i go by is if i want to take full advantage of the network i need a device with 1700mhz in it. The T999 GS3 does in deed have that.
EDIT: Did some more digging. On the TMO site it says Band IV AWS, that is the 1700mhz spectrum.
UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- 02-09-2013, 03:19 PM #4
- By EvilMonkey in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 17Last Post: 06-23-2010, 11:57 PM
- By Jasonrj in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 11Last Post: 05-14-2010, 01:18 PM
- By syrguy1969 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 3Last Post: 05-02-2010, 07:08 PM
- By jaysynn84 in forum Motorola DroidReplies: 3Last Post: 04-12-2010, 09:23 AM
- By danswartz in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 02-01-2010, 12:27 PM