- 1 Posts
First Time Rooting, Just Some Questions!
I'm obviously new to the world of rooting and I just have some questions I would like to get clarified! Well I currently use the Samsung Galaxy S3 on T-Mobile and I'd like to root my device to be able to run CyanogenMod or another ROM that would let me run a close to vanilla Android experience. Does anyone know a reliable source where I would be able to be walked through this process? like a very reliable YouTube video? Afraid to brick my device here..also I've been waiting on the premium suite OTA from T-Mobile but that wont likely be available for ages...So if i root my s3 will i still be able to get this OTA or will i be out of luck at that point?
- 02-14-2013, 09:25 AM #2
Re: First Time Rooting, Just Some Questions!
Suggest the rooting subforum might be a better place to ask these questions. There's a step by step guide to rooting the T-Mobile S3 there:
http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-m...ng-roms-hacks/PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.
LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
- By evilhugbear in forum Sprint Nexus S 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-31-2011, 12:56 AM
- By Uchiha Wes in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 04-03-2011, 04:15 PM
- By umfan6 in forum Motorola X Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 13Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:21 PM
- By Ethame in forum Motorola Droid Rooting, ROMs and HacksReplies: 2Last Post: 07-26-2010, 11:45 AM
- By eskemobob in forum HTC EVO 4G Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2010, 12:35 PM