How to get native Chinese language onto the phone?

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, my uncle recently got a note 2 and some of my coworkers want to get a S3 but required the phone to be in Chinese. So what do I tell them? It's not present in the languages and input setting.

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, my uncle recently got a note 2 and some of my coworkers want to get a S3 but required the phone to be in Chinese. So what do I tell them? It's not present in the languages and input setting.

Go into settings/language and input /language and select Chinese (not sure if that's Korean). I also don't know how to change app language or if its even possible. But you'll most likely have to download a Chinese keyboard

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Yell0w

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Go into settings/language and input /language and select Chinese (not sure if that's Korean). I also don't know how to change app language or if its even possible. But you'll most likely have to download a Chinese keyboard

That last on is Korean. I need to change the entire phone to display Chinese. Meaning words like settings, play store would show up in Chinese instead of English. Is it not there because it's a tmobile branded phone?

geekymcfly

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
OK. I've been googling and all I can find about it is to root the device

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
It's not possible without rooting and installing a custom rom. I am personally doing the same thing currently. My friend overseas only understands Chinese and I am trying to convert my phone so she will understand it. I installed a custom rom called Dandroid and that rom has every language just like the international version. Also cyanogenmod roms have most languages too.

You should also note that Verizon galaxy s3 has the Chinese language built in. It also comes unlocked. I put my T-Mobile SIM on my nephew's Verizon GS3 and it worked right away. Unfortunately it doesn't have the 1700/2100 frequency that T-Mobile uses for their hspa+.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome