Mass Storage Device?

Mr.Roboto

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey All I just realized that my S3 cannot connect to my computer as as a storage device. Any Ideas as to how I can get stuff on and off my phone? No dropbox please, i would rather keep my stuff away from the cloud if I can.

Is this and android thing or just and s3 thing?

whatsitsname

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes Mass Storage was removed by Google starting with ICS. If you connect to the computer you can use Windows Explorer and drag and drop. Problem you will see only basic icon and file names. You can use AirDroid (this is what I use) and the web browser of choice to move files to and from you computer and phone.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nd.airdroid&feature=nav_result&token=hxGWcbTw.

That's not necessarily true. My Samsung galaxy s2 have ICS (official) but they can still operate in mass storage mode. Also I remember the Motorola Razr HD has ICS and mass storage mode (least they did until they upgrade to jelly bean).

To the Op you can still use the galaxy s3 as a storage device. You still use the mtp to add and remove files. It's got some limits but better than nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
That's not necessarily true. My Samsung galaxy s2 have ICS (official) but they can still operate in mass storage mode. Also I remember the Motorola Razr HD has ICS and mass storage mode (least they did until they upgrade to jelly bean).

To the Op you can still use the galaxy s3 as a storage device. You still use the mtp to add and remove files. It's got some limits but better than nothing.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Miss spoke it was removed with JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34