Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't connect to wifi with strong signal.

Please help. I've tried all of the things suggested here. My problem is that my phone will not connect to any wifi unless I am standing close to the router - as soon as I move away it loses the signal completely. All other devices, iPad, laptop etc. connect fine. I've spent a few days shouting at Virgin Broadband as I thought it was the new broadband I've just had installed, but came into the office today and had the same problem. Something else I should tell you - I did not have this issue until I for my phone back from the repair shop with a new screen! Any help/advice would be much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by tamarbeck1 View Post
    I did not have this issue until I for my phone back from the repair shop with a new screen!
    It sounds like when they reassembled the phone they didn't reconnect the Wi-Fi antennas. You need to take it back to them and get them to complete the task.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

At the end of last month I was sitting in my house and my phone said "roaming" and asked me to choose the state I was in. I was in my home so obviously I wasn't out of state. Didn't think anything of it..

Then about a week later, I begin to have troubles connecting to my home Wi-Fi. Nothing had changed with the Wi-Fi everyone else had no issues. It said it was "saved, secured" but would constantly search and try to reconnect. Sometimes, I can connect, however it is very slow, messages and such "fail" and often gives me the loading symbols within all my apps.

-I tried a factory reset just for trial and error.. This did not fix the wifi issue.

-I cleared the cache for trial and error.. This did not fix the wifi issue.

-I tried dialing *#0011# > Wi-Fi> toggle on button.. This did not fix the wifi issue.

-I even tried installing WiFix and a WiFi analyzer and these did not fix the wifi issue.

This issue unfortunately happens at all 3 permanent home Wi-Fi locations I use. I never try to connect to a public Wi-Fi such as Mcdonald's so I wouldn't know if the issue still remains.

-I know for a fact all passwords are correct. Out of the blue, this issue just popped up.

-I tried forgetting all 3 Wi-Fi locations and re-entering passwords.. Still did not fix issue.

-I have done research on the computer, searching for answers and suggestions.. All which I have tried and nothing resolved this issue.

I called into T-Mobile, they said they have had some complaints about such (please note this is before 4.3 update!) and that they would send me a free micro sim card and see if this resolves my Wi-Fi issues because they were updated. I tried this, and it did not work.

I have called in today again to T-Mobile after receiving the 4.3 update, to ask for any suggestions to what my problem is. I was praying this update would fix the issue.. But it didn't and I have run out of options. My warranty is up.. I absolutely love my s3, I treat it like my baby.. No scratches, no drops, NOTHING bad has happened to it.. I have run out of ideas and patience..

The rep I talked to had tried searching but couldn't do much because there wasn't an error code. I will most certainly keep my eyes peeled if anything new pops up and then place another call into T-Mobile.

I am on the prepaid plan which is $50/month, first 500MB at 4G speed, then to my knowledge when that runs out it goes to 2G. I turned off my data because I burned through it because I couldn't connect properly to Wi-Fi. I don't feel like I should have to waste all my precious 4G while I am in my home and should be able to connect to Wi-Fi.

Timeline--

Last week of October 2013 -said I was Roaming when I was not.

11/8 - Wi-Fi authentication error

Tried resetting to factory

following week, call into T-Mobile, they suggest new simcard, but it doesn't work.

11/25/13 - received 4.3 update

now wifi is still giving me the same issue, just different message- "Your internet connection is unstable" (pops up in my notification bar)

Hi, I had a same problem and search on it, thank God you saved me. Thank you

i tried this however when i tried to press connect i ... and there wasn't a save option :/ couldn't even when i had already filled out everything .. i should mention that i live in the Caribbean ......please help this is extremely frustration .. mobile data plans are extremely expensive down here :/

glaxy s3mini obtaining IP address

Post Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't connect to wifi with strong signal.

hi
    I am having a serious trouble, I am using galaxy s duos, and I was using wi fi till this week perfectly. But don't know what has happened to my wifi when I am connecting to the wifi it is showing internet not available via selected wifi AP change network.
    I don't understand what it is. Have tried to do the forget network thing and deleted most of the apps and restarted my cell several times but still , disappointed.
    if anyone knows please help and especially procedure wise so that I can understand easily.

what you did please tell!!

sir
    I am trying what you mentioned , but still it is showing (internet not available via selected wifi ap.)
    please advice

when I am changing IP settings to "static" I am not able to connect to Wi-Fi.

Hey I've only just got a preowned samsung s3 and I clicked something then my wifi went off. I've tried all these theories but I've gotten very confused and I don't know what to do now, can you put it into simpler terms please, thanks.

thanx buddy

Hello everyone. I have a Samsung S3 which won't connect to my Cisco router. It's fine with other routers elsewhere, but at home it seems to be continuously "connecting" and "authenticating" without anything else happening after that. HELP PLEASE!

P.S. I've tried all the other suggestions...

Quote Originally Posted by RickRockVox View Post
    P.S. I've tried all the other suggestions...
    You tried the suggestions in post #3 and it didn't help? Well, I couldn't understand why that would make Wi-Fi work either...

Have you tried something like Wifi Analyzer: to see if your router is broadcasting on the same channel as any other routers nearby? That could cause interference problems that might account for your issue.

Does your router have the latest firmware installed? There's usually a place in the router administration pages to check for that.

Have you tried selecting a different security method? The S3 seems rather picky about this. You may want to try no security (an Open connection) just to see if that's the problem.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

admittedly, the codes in the most popular response 'worked' on my phone.
    'worked' as in it now SAYS its connected but its NOT
    I have reset my Samsung to factory settings and this has only made the problem worse as I now need to set my phone up all over again but I don't have any connection to the internet... So I'm stuck with a Samsung that won't set up.
    Help

Quote Originally Posted by elliewright98 View Post
    I don't have any connection to the internet
    What's wrong with your Mobile data connection?
    Which particular Wi-Fi issue are you having?
    Have you tried Wi-Fi in multiple places (McDonald's; Starbuck's; etc)?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

me too~ =(
    if you have found the solution , can u share it with me? i have tried all the other method but nothing seems to work TT^TT

Thanks.

Wink Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 doesn't connect to wifi with strong signal.

Thank you so much for this info. I was going insane! I had a brand new phone that wouldn't connect to any wifi, and every person I called or got handed off to put the blame on someone else and I got no where. But this worked!! Thanks again

thank you mate so much!Bill fm Greece!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12