Decreased battery life after 4.1.2 update

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
With the same usage habits and settings I used to go from 730am to 430pm with 55 to 60 percent battery left I am now dropping all the way down to 35 percent by 2pm. I have already done a hard reset and disabled turned on the battery saver setting and turned off as much as possible with little improvement. Prior to the update I had no real issues with the phone. Any one else experiencing the same problem?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Do u mean hard reset as in factory reset?

Yes Ive done 2 factory resets now and I am running with everything I could safely disable, disabled and only 3 apps installed. My wifes GS3 has had no trouble since the update which leads me to believe that i just had a bad flash. I think im going to have to breakdown and run Kies to see if I can restore it.

innovator8

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I just did the update to 4.1.2 and I see pretty much the exact same battery life degradation as the OP.

I have always use juice defender and it keeps all cell radios off and only turns them on every 30 min for check all my email and stuff.

I used to get home after work with more than 50% left, now I am usually around hi 30% when I get home.

I have not changed my usage.

samurikuma1971

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I use advanceed mobile care and find it better than juice defender and a lot easier to use. If you have insurance try replacing your S3 for a different one. Or hack the thing and get all the useless crap off of it thats on it and draining your battery.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I found that after the update it turned on a bunch of Service that I turned off. You may need to go into Setting and then a line by line to make sure nothing has been turned on. Also the new MultiWindow does a hit on the Battery.

Chris2183

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I restored the device using Kies and set it up as I always do. The problem seemed to have cleared up before I sold the phone and bought a Nexus 4
I disable all unnecessary syncing and disable all the bloat I dont use. I didnt like multi window so I disabled it as well. I also toggle data off, bluetooth off, and wifi off when Im at work and unable to use them. The only thing that pushes to my phone is Gmail, everything else I manually refresh when I am using them.

joeym74

Jun 14, 2013
Visit site
So I had updated my S3 to 4.1.2 and started to notice the decreased battery life as well. Since I switched from Tmobile and now on prepaid can I downgrade the OTA update I got from Tmobile and go back to 4.1.1? Has anyone done this or know what steps to take to do this?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary