problem with galaxy s3, keeps shutting off
10-17-2016 12:36 PM
- Hi so i had my galaxy s3 for about a year now. Recently it started acting really weird. First it wont turn on. It will get to the Samsung galaxy s3 logo and then shut off again. After like 100 times of trying it will turn on randomly once in a while and everything would be fine and would work until i press the side button to lock the screen, as soon as i press it, then phone turns off again, and i have to try to turn it on again.( sometimes it turns on like the 1st attempt other times i have to literately try 100 times). My battery has also been draining really quickly lately. I did the factory reset about 4 times, but no luck at all. I also tried using my friends battery from his s3 but the same thing was happening, so i don't think it's the battery. Another thing, i am doing a internship for the summer in turkey. this is happening as we speak over here, could it be something to do with the different voltage? Unfortunately i wont be back in the u.s. for another 2 months so i can't really test how it will respond back in the u.s.06-04-2013 06:47 PM
- If you can reply, Reply.So have you ever had putting it in water? That might be the case it won't turn on for 100 times.Charge it, Like you mentioned that it drains quickly.Charge it and see of it turns on.If none of those above works, Take it to a trusted T-mobile store and see what they say.If they can't find the problem and fix it for you, You will need a new phone.
Posted via Android Central App06-15-2013 03:45 PM
- update: It started working perfectly again, the battery is not draining drastically, and it is not turning off. I think it was something to do with the different voltages. I Started charging it off of my laptop now. I'm not sure what fixed the problem tho.06-20-2013 12:41 PM
- I have the same problem with my galaxy note (GT-N7000).
Sometimes the screen goes off. Everything else works (touch, sounds).
I replaced the battery, and it worked for a few days. Now its happening again.
I have hard reset many times. Didnt solved. I use stock ROM.
I dont believe its an app because the screen does not torun on even at boot, before any app is loaded.
Or is hardware or is android problem.
Anyone had luck in solve this problem?07-12-2013 07:04 PM
- I have the samsung gslaxy s3 I've had four replacements for the same problem thru verizon . I ask verizon to send me a new phone but they keep sending me the same crappy phones. I charge all my phobes with the charger verizon sent me and keep them stored in otter box defender. The S3 is worthless and I wish I had a windows phone or a note307-14-2013 11:01 PM
- Some of the S3's have a defective component on the motherboard. A firmware update fixes the issue. If you have been dealing with the problem for a while, your phone is probably past the point of the firmware update fixing the issue. I have an S4. My daughter has an S3. She waited a week before showing me the power down issue. I reset the phone & it worked better for a few hours then it started shutting down again. I rooted the phone & updated to Cyanogenmod 10.1. It didn't fix the problem either. I called Samsung & told them about the issue. They had me send the S3 to be repaired. It was free shiping both ways & it took about 5 business days for the repair. If you are dealing with this issue.. & you know it's not a battery problem, call Samsung. They didn't care about the phone being rooted. It was still under warranty so they fixed it with 0 questions asked. My daughter's carrier is T-Mobile. I didn't bother calling them.07-25-2013 12:16 PM
- I had this same problem. It appears to be related to any number of issues. However, in my case it was a faulty battery.
The reason I know this is because I always keep a spare battery charged and ready to go. When I changed the battery the phone started having shut down issues. If you reset or just pulled the battery out and put it back in the phone would work fine. However, the phone seemed to be getting feedback from the battery that the battery was uncharged. If I plugged the phone in the battery registered with no charge. Again if I re-inserted the battery it rectified the problem momentarily.
My other battery did not have any of these issued and worked flawlessly. I would start by buying a new battery to address this issue. As in the case with laptop batteries, cell phone batteries also do not last forever and need to be replaced. S III batteries are available at a reasonable price on Amazon. Good Luck.09-29-2013 09:39 AM
- My T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3 is also continuously turning on and off. It began after it was on about 15% battery, but right as soon as I got to a wall with an outlet I began to charge it. About 30 mins later I returned to see if my phone was charged enough to use but it was off, I found this strange so I went to another outlet thinking that maybe the wall's circuitry wasn't working correctly. This is where it continued to turn on and off. At one point I was able to keep it on for about 15 mins, however when I locked the screen for about the third time the "on/off" process began again. IDK what to do, or how to do it, I am also afraid that if I were to do the factory restart that there would be no way to get all my files (photos, songs, etc.) back. Can someone help me out?10-14-2013 10:15 PM
- my phone was doing the same thing every time I plugged it into the charger, otherwise it is fine, recently I got my phone screen replaced due to it being problem, but my phone hasn't been right since, I am trying to hold out until I can update to the s4 next year, But now I am to scared to plug it into the charger because each time I do it shuts off and flashes the samsung boot page over and over again, but as soon as I take it off charge and try and turn it on it is fine. I need my phone for school purposes, and now I cannot charge it.11-13-2013 02:04 AM
- i have my galaxy s3 for almost 2 yrs. all a sudden it starts shutting off randomly on its own esp while its charging. it doesnt restart,it just shuts off. its also freezing and when it stops freezing my backround home screen turns black for 2 secs n goes back to my wallpaper i set on it. i took it to my service store and they said updated some software and gave me a new battery. they said if it keeps happening ro bring it back. i wanna know y it keeps shutting off. i tried factory resetting it and it still shut off. is this a hardware problem?11-21-2013 12:45 AM
- 11-25-2013 09:50 AM
- Hi, I have an S3 and for some reason the phone doesn't turn on it keeps flashing 'Samsung Galaxy s3 GT-I9300' and from here it doesn't go to the home screen. I've tried to reset to factory settings and the android symbol comes up but it disappears straight away. It goes back to flashing 'Samsung Galaxy s3 GT-I9300', has this happened to anyone?11-30-2013 01:22 PM
I won't say that yours is a common problem, but there are others that have had the same problem. You could certainly take the phone to your local carrier store or Samsung Repair Centre (if there's one around) to see if they can repair/replace it for you.
You could try booting into Recovery mode and clearing the system cache. If that doesn't work, also in Recovery mode you can perform a Factory Reset (that'll wipe out any data on the phone). If that doesn't help then your only other option would be to try reloading the firmware. Unfortunately, for people that have tried this, the success rate is minimal.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 412-01-2013 10:21 AM
- Mine has been doing this for two weeks now. I have just called Samsung Customer service (MOBILE/SMARTPHONE SUPPORT 0845 MSAMSUNG (6726786)) who have informed me that there is a worldwide issue with the Galaxy S3 experiencing these symptoms due to a problem with the latest Android software. Samsung are working on a fix which will be ready in the next couple of days. Until the patch is ready there is nothing that can be done.12-02-2013 06:15 AM
I don't remember this being one of the symptoms reported with the 4.3 update; perhaps I just missed it.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 412-02-2013 02:08 PM
- 01-10-2014 04:46 AM
- My S3 just started doing this. Im with at&t though, not that it matters. But one thing I would like to point out is my S2 did this as well only to keep getting worse and then eventually completely stop working. All it does now is vibrate and shuts off. Anyways back to my S3, it seems like when Im using my phone for a bit it will just randomly shut off. It seems to me like a Samsung problem considering it has happened with only my Samsung phones.01-29-2014 03:51 PM
- ive been having the same problem. samsung told me my warranty was over and they couldnt replace my phone. i took it apart and nothing happen. i finally took off my lock screen/power button and now it doesnt shut off. i just use a tooth pick to click the power button.04-10-2014 11:01 PM
- I think you just confirmed that the issue I'm having with my S3 (the exact same one as yours), must be something to do with the voltage abroad. I started traveling abroad 6 months ago and am now in my 6th country. By the time I got to China (the 3rd country), I was having serious issues and ever since then. The charge won't hold at all and I can sometimes take pictures and videos but within a couple minutes the phone will shut off and show that I have no battery left (even though just minutes ago I had a full charge or at least a 50% charge). At first, when I would plug it in to my portable Brookstone back up charger, it would work just fine so long as it was plugged in, now even that is failing. Also, often, when I take a picture, it just shuts off. From the comments below, I have to also consider that it could be the 64GB memory card (after market) that I put in it. But I've used it for months before I had this issue. I'm going to try to do a firmware update and then only charge off of my tablet or the back up charger and see if that does the trick. If not, I will take out the memory card and see if that makes a difference. I'm currently in Thailand and will be here till yearend, so sending it back to Sprint in the US is not an option for me at this time. Gotta be our own gadget gurus, right? Thanks for the post, it really helped me. I will try to update you again if my options work. P.S. I just recalled that the charging issue first happened after my very first month abroad at the end of the time I spent in the country of Peru. Then I was connecting to another country through the US and I charged in the US hotel but still had issues. Then I was on a plane with some guys who seemed to be tech saavy and said it could be my charger (because it would no longer even turn on with that charger I had), so I used the guy's charger that was sitting next to me and the phone turned on. After that I switched chargers, but I continued having other more issues as I traveled (though the chargers are working). The odd thing is, if I took a picture and it shut down from 100% or even let's say as low as 50% and then told me I had 0% or at best 17%, then as soon as I plug it in to charge, within a few minutes usually, it shows that I have a full charge again, or at least 50% or more. Very odd behavior! I think they make the phones glitch after a year so we are forced to get new ones.05-17-2014 08:33 PM
- Samsung Android Phones
- Samsung Galaxy S3
- T-Mobile Galaxy S III
problem with galaxy s3, keeps shutting off
- By Garys121 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 1Last Post: 01-03-2013, 08:07 AM
- By Neal Edwards in forum Samsung Galaxy S3Replies: 7Last Post: 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM
- By anniehall46 in forum IntroductionsReplies: 1Last Post: 10-05-2012, 12:02 PM
- By cosrocket in forum Verizon Galaxy S IIIReplies: 4Last Post: 07-14-2012, 07:55 PM
- By sprocket2107 in forum HTC EVO 4GReplies: 0Last Post: 07-18-2011, 03:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD