Gmail Icon Missing

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Gmail is installed on my phone but the icon is missing. It is not listed in the alphabetical listing of apps but when I do a search I find it and I can open it. I also have the same problem with Google Tracks.

I don't want to do a search every time I want to open the app.

Any ideas?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On your S3, are you able to hide apps in the app list? See if there's some option in the app list to "Show All" or "Show Hidden," by tapping the menu button while the list is showing.

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I totally forgot about that feature on the phone. Don't know how it got hidden today.

alwaysme68

Jul 9, 2017
Visit site
Gmail is installed on my phone but the icon is missing. It is not listed in the alphabetical listing of apps but when I do a search I find it and I can open it. I also have the same problem with Google Tracks.

I don't want to do a search every time I want to open the app.

Any ideas?

Donna 1958

Oct 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem with my LG g3. Gmail is loaded but the icon can't be found. It is in the list of apps.

Can anyone tell me step by step (yes, I am a luddite) how to get it back?

SabrenaS

Oct 24, 2017
Visit site
I have the same issue as Donna 1958 @ 10-06-2017. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5. The Gmail app shows up in the app list under settings, but the icon doesn't show up on my home screen or other screens. I don't have an option of deleting it to try a new install. Can someone help me?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech