T-Mobile S3 won't get past "Samsung" screen after factory default

MrYankeeFan

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone

Here is my dilemma. My daughter has had problems with her S3. Apps were slow, memory seems to always be full, etc. So, she decided it needed to be wiped and set back to factory. She went through the menus and performed the factory reset. It restarted, and goes through the startup screen, goes past where the little android guy blasts off, and eventually gets to a screen that just says "Samsung". That's where it stops. The word Samsung has almost a highlight behind it that goes on and off.

I'm fairly tech savvy but I have never done anything with android phone, such as rooting etc.. I can get the phone into recovery mode, and have tried clearing the cache, and doing the factory wipe through that screen. Neither helps my situation.

When I get into recovery mode, it says .....

E: failed to mount /data (invalid argument)

Manual mode
--appling multi csc (spelled wrong on phone)
Applied the csc code : TMB
successfully applied multi-csc

The phone is only a few months old, and in fine condition. Worst case I can bring it back to Tmobile, but I'd like to try and fix it myself first. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:

1der87

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
IF removing the SIM and battery doesn't work to resolve the issue then would suggest you call and get the device replaced. Also download Samsung Kies desktop tool. I will come in very handy for all your Samsung Products.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech