Sudden Death Syndrome but no warranty

brooklynbai

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So I've been able to diagnose that my s3 (4.1.2) T-mobile 16gb, not rooted has sudden death syndrome. Essentially it shuts off randomly at times even though there is a lot of juice still in the battery.
My warranty ended a few months ago, but I was wondering that because this issue was widespread, is there anything I can do to get a fix w/o having to pay for the repairs.
Thanks in advance.

Mintymouse

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to me after upgrading to 4.1.2. Not sure if yours just shuts down and stays off, but my would freeze and restart itself. It probably happened 6-7 times a week.

I decided to finally factory reset my phone, because others have suggested a clean wipe after a software update. Haven't had the restarting issue anymore, except maybe once in the last month.

Sent from my Galaxy SIII using Tapatalk 4.

teknodogg

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
brooklynbai

you seems to have a app or battery issue not sudden death syndrome.

sudden death syndrome will basically brick your phone b/c of a eMMC chip bug (hardware issue) it will not let you turn your phone back on no matter what you try or how long you wait. you can download an APP called eMMC Brickbug Check in the play store to see if your chip is infected.
Samsung will change out the board if under warranty.

Coldshot88

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Had this problem .... All you need to do is update your firmware. My phone is rooted, so I just installed the latest 4.3 ROM and it fixed the problem. Apparently Samsung has fixed this problem with a patch on its update. So if your phone is not rooted, just go to Samsung.com and download the most recent firmware.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon