Can;t complete unlocking process on T mobile Galaxy S3

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
A while back i tried this How to Unlock Your Samsung Galaxy S3 & Note 2 (No Rooting) - xda-developers to unlock my phone. I wasn't sure it as successful at the time though b/c i didnt get the confirmation that it was unlocked. Recently i was in the TM store and asked about unlocking the phone and the rep said i needed to request my phone be unlocked thru TM, then TM forwards the request to samsung, samsung authorizing the request and TM sending me the code and directions but i couldnt get to step 2 (below). I installed both a unactivated and activated ATT card and each time the phone booted to my lock screen. I could not make a call using either of the ATT sim cards. When i inserted the same un-activated card into a TM employees locked S4 i was able to get to step 2. Then TM & i tried clearing the partition cache and both a hard and soft reset and nothing. @ this point TM explained that it "seems" that the phone was already unlocked but couldnt prove it. After 4 hours of missteps TM agreed to replace my phone. Is there a way to confirm my phone is unlocked

Thank you for taking the time to contact T-Mobile. Below you will see the Instructions for unlocking your Samsung device. Please be advised a non T-Mobile SIM card MUST be used to unlock this device.

1. Insert a NON T-Mobile SIM & turn Device on

2. The Device will automatically prompt you to enter code into an empty field.

3. Click/Tap in the empty field above the "Unlock & Dismiss" options (this will display a key pad on the screen).

4. Using the key pad input the Unlock Code provided by T-Mobile.

5. Press the Back button to remove the keyboard from screen.

6. Click/Tap the "Unlock" option; handset should display "Network Unlock Successful".

Please note that if you are unlocking a flip device please use steps 1, 2, 3 and 6.

Thank You,

Customer Service
T-Mobile USA, Inc.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I would think that since you do not get the popup to input the Unlock Code, your phone is already unlocked. Now to use AT&T you would need to add the correct APN's for AT&T. I do not know what they are though.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. TM sent me a replacement b/c they nor samsung could determine if it was or was not unlocked.