Android Id mismatch?

Sigmund Droid

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I've been having an issue with the google play store saying that it has stopped working. I re-installed the default droid OS after a previous one, restored factory settings, and after everything loaded, I got an error message saying something like "this android ID is not matched with the previous account" or something like that when I tried to access the play store. It gave me the option to use the new id or keep the old one. I was in a bit of a rush, and hit the cancel button (which was really dumb, yes) then it told me "If you'd like to change this, go to Settings->something-->something-->file.something."

Sorry for the overall vagueness, but if anyone has experienced this, I would greatly appreciate some help or at least some general technical guidance. I can't update any apps because I can't access the Play store.

Thank you

y2whisper

Trusted Member
Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
try clearing the cache of the play store and then opening up. and then if it asks again you can select keep the old one (if its the same device). Titanium backup would ask me every so often depending the type of rom I flashed on it.

Sigmund Droid

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok, so as soon as I opened Titanium Backup, I got the original error message about my Android ID not matching. I hit the restore previous ID button and was met with a message saying that my systems settings wont allow for app restoration. I can change this by going to settings-> applications, and check the unknown sources check box. Have to purchase Titanium Backup to restore my ID

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol