help - cracked screen won't respond to touch

lauredar

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I dropped my phone a couple months ago and put 2 small cracks in the screen. Everything worked fine. a few weeks after, I dropped in water but not enough to make the stickers red in the back. Out of nowhere today, my touch screen stopped responding. Phone calls, texts, emails, etc all come in with no problem. Home screen, volume and lock buttons work fine but nothing on the touch screen will respond. What could be the problem and what do I need to fix it? I believe T Mobil said that the warranty may be voided if the screen is cracked...

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
A cracked screen or water damage is not covered by Warranty. If you have the Insurance you would just pay the deductible for a replacement. With a cracked screen and water damage you would need to just bite the bullet and buy a new phone if you have no Insurance.

ipwn3r456

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Sounds like the digitizer is failing like Diesel said. Replacing one of those is going to cost you atleast $100... plus the cracked screen.

Diesel6401

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
If it's just the screen and digitizer it shouldn't be that high, if it's all 3 however (screen, LCD, digitizer) than yea $100+

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac