1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Message alerts

Hello,

Question. For message alert you get a list of pre selected choices that came with the Samsung phone. I have a really cool song that I would like to put on the list like you can with the ringtones. Is there a way to do that? You do not get an option to add a song like you do with ringtones.
    Thank you

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Message alerts

Quote Originally Posted by zophini View Post
    Hello,

Question. For message alert you get a list of pre selected choices that came with the Samsung phone. I have a really cool song that I would like to put on the list like you can with the ringtones. Is there a way to do that? You do not get an option to add a song like you do with ringtones.
    Thank you
    There are apps that allow you to create your own ringtones like Myxer. You can take sound clips from any song you wish.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Default Re: Message alerts

Create a folder named Notifications on the SD and drop your song in it. Then it should show up in the pre selected list. Be careful if it is a full length song your phone may not respond until it has finished playing.
    SGH-T999
    T-Mobile USA
    Rooted Stock 4.3 (No KNOX)

If My post has helped please hit the Thanks Button

Unused Ram is Wasted Ram