Galaxy S3 wont boot

RadiantRob

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
So I had my Galaxy S3 since it came out. A few months ago I noticed it shut off and wouldn't turn back on. (it would vibrate when the battery was inserted, goto samsung boot screen and never go anywhere from there) I noticed this site and a lot of others having the same problem so I began to trouble shoot.

I cleared my cache by getting into the boot screen and that seemed to fix my problem.

Now about 2-3 months later it started doing the same thing! This time clearing the cache did nothing, heck sometimes I can't even get a chance to clear the cache without it restarting on me again. Sometimes (if I'm lucky) i'll get it to boot up and it will go to home screen without a problem. Little to know it shuts off without warning and I'm stuck at the beginning.

This phone has never been rooted. Please help! I'm using a mytouch 4g now and this thing is slow as molasses! Do I have any chance to recover my s3 or is it sudden death syndrome?

Also I had alot of pictures/videos on the internal hard drive of this phone, is there anyway to retrieve those since my phone can't even boot up?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you tried a different battery? Take out your battery and try spinning it on a flat surface--if it spins freely, the battery is likely dead or dying (suggested by the bulge in the middle).

RadiantRob

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I havn't checked the battery, but I've never had any issues with the battery before (no signs of extreme battery loss) but I will give this a try when I get home from work!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Batteries can suddenly go belly up with little warning, so it wouldn't be out of the question.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
is there anyway to retrieve those since my phone can't even boot up?
This is a topic to consider when the phone is still working - if you can't boot the phone into Safe mode or normal mode there's not really anything you can do.

A JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerce.com/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jtag-brick-repair/) might be able to recover the phone to a working state - you'd have to contact them to describe your problem and see if data recovery is possible.

Otherwise it's insurance replacement time, or Samsung repair time. Sorry.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM 10.2 using Tapatalk 4

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar