1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default S3 wont turn on. PLEASE HELP!!

Hi,
    Before my S3 would turn off because the power button was sensitive, but I resolved that problem by downloading the easy touch app. I haven't had a problem with my s3 till today. All of a sudden the phone turned off and my power button didn't turn my phone back on. I then plugged in my phone but the charging sign wont show up. I unplugged it and took out my battery and put it back in and the Samsung symbol popped up for 5 seconds and turned back off. Irritated, I took my battery out and charged my phone, the red LED light showed up for about 3 seconds and went away. HELP,Idk what to do.

Global Posts
    13,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: S3 wont turn on. PLEASE HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by bluumustang View Post
    Hi,
    Before my S3 would turn off because the power button was sensitive, but I resolved that problem by downloading the easy touch app. I haven't had a problem with my s3 till today. All of a sudden the phone turned off and my power button didn't turn my phone back on. I then plugged in my phone but the charging sign wont show up. I unplugged it and took out my battery and put it back in and the Samsung symbol popped up for 5 seconds and turned back off. Irritated, I took my battery out and charged my phone, the red LED light showed up for about 3 seconds and went away. HELP,Idk what to do.
    Welcome to the forums.
    Have you checked the battery to see if there is any swelling? A simple way to check is to put it on a table (without a tablecloth) and try to spin it. If it spins freely, the battery is bad.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here