- 4 Posts
Hangouts being annoying
So I'm all the way up to date with all my apps/software to this date, and I wanted to use Hangouts as my main messaging app. Well, I tried that and it worked fine, but whenever I would send bigger messages my girlfriend wouldn't get them (Iphone 5, if that's relevant) and I checked to make sure everything was connected. It does this whether or not I'm on mobile data or wifi, it is really annoying too. I have delivery receipts on, and it only gives me a check mark for some of the messages, but rarely the bigger ones. I have no idea why this is happening but it sucks. Please help, thanks.
- 01-22-2014, 09:31 AM #2
Re: Hangouts being annoying
3 parts -
1. make sure that you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone.
2. delete your old phone number and delete/unregister all old iPhone(s) from your Apple ID web profile at supportprofile.apple.c0m.
3. make sure iPhone-using friends App Settings are set correctly. By default, sending as SMS is not selected in IOS 7. To enable this go into settings>messages>send as SMS. This will send messages as regular SMS messages when imessage isn't available.
- By MissStreelight in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 2Last Post: 02-10-2015, 07:02 AM
- By Sanne Sorensen in forum HTC One MiniReplies: 6Last Post: 01-06-2015, 09:59 AM
- By pnico in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 6Last Post: 01-21-2014, 11:20 PM
- By dgravo in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 5Last Post: 01-21-2014, 03:03 PM
- By vahdyx in forum HTC One M7Replies: 3Last Post: 01-20-2014, 09:12 PM