Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Hangouts being annoying

So I'm all the way up to date with all my apps/software to this date, and I wanted to use Hangouts as my main messaging app. Well, I tried that and it worked fine, but whenever I would send bigger messages my girlfriend wouldn't get them (Iphone 5, if that's relevant) and I checked to make sure everything was connected. It does this whether or not I'm on mobile data or wifi, it is really annoying too. I have delivery receipts on, and it only gives me a check mark for some of the messages, but rarely the bigger ones. I have no idea why this is happening but it sucks. Please help, thanks.

Default Re: Hangouts being annoying

3 parts -

1. make sure that you have turned off iMessage on your old iPhone.
    2. delete your old phone number and delete/unregister all old iPhone(s) from your Apple ID web profile at supportprofile.apple.c0m.
    3. make sure iPhone-using friends App Settings are set correctly. By default, sending as SMS is not selected in IOS 7. To enable this go into settings>messages>send as SMS. This will send messages as regular SMS messages when imessage isn't available.