Galaxy S3: Samsung Dictionary Much Worse After 4.3 Update

GaZZuM

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if this has been solved or talked about, but it's causing me a lot of annoyance!

Basically, since updating to 4.3 recently, my auto-correct suggestions seem to have all reset, and the phone is no longer learning my most frequent words/phrases/entries. This is particularly annoying in that it no longer remembers my email address, and it was incredibly helpful and convenient when logging in/registering for a service to have it auto-complete my email address after only the first 4-or-so characters of it were entered.

I know it's not the end of the world compared to the other issues this update caused (lower battery life, stuttering music whilst locked, incredibly laggy at all times etc. all of which I also have) but it's something that I used to really love, that my phone no longer does. So annoying.

GTWalling

May 18, 2011
Visit site
With the 4.1.2 update the learning comes from your using Social Media, Facebook and such. Because I don't use the Facebook app and several other reasons I switch to Swiftkey Keyboard and it does a better job learning.

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
How do you fix it to learn your language again? I had to do this wack *** solution previously where I had a draft email in my gmail app so it learned all my words, but now it's gone back to being crap. How do you edit the dictionary now?