Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

Default Notification "This is a group message..." won't go away

I have a constant notification from c10000@go.chat that says "This is a group message, opened SMS group..." (I can't read the rest as it cuts off). The message is coming from the Android message app. If I dismiss the notification it comes right back. I have sms disabled in the messaging app so I wouldn't think it would be doing anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to go away? The only thing I can think of is disabling the messaging app through the settings, but I fear that it will effect incoming text messages.

Thanks in advance!

Global Posts
    18,563 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Notification "This is a group message..." won't go away

Quote Originally Posted by conzo427 View Post
    I have a constant notification from c10000@go.chat that says "This is a group message, opened SMS group..." (I can't read the rest as it cuts off). The message is coming from the Android message app. If I dismiss the notification it comes right back. I have sms disabled in the messaging app so I wouldn't think it would be doing anything at all.

Does anyone have any ideas how to get this to go away? The only thing I can think of is disabling the messaging app through the settings, but I fear that it will effect incoming text messages.

Thanks in advance!
    Long press the notification. It should bring up the app info button. Click it. It will bring you to the app info screen with the app in question. If it truly is the Messaging app, and you use a different app for texts, you can click the check box that says disable notifications.
    However, if this is NOT the messaging app, but one that you downloaded, I would seriously consider uninstalling it.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: