Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 17 of 17
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    So here's the skinny. Was at work about three nights ago, bout to clock out for the night, noticed that I had a text. Went to check the text, noticed that the phone was legit frozen. As had happened before, I popped the back off and took the battery out put it back in went to restart and got nothing. Figured maybe the battery was dead, tried plugging it into the charger, no LED lights came on period to indicate battery was charging. Found my spare battery and tried to boot the phone, Samsung screen comes up, then the Galaxy S3 screen shows and bam, reboot. Tried going into restore mode and it does the same thing, shows the samsung screen and reboots.

    My phone isn't rooted, isn't running on hacked roms or anything, so my question is, is the piece of **** dead? I don't know what else to do.
  2. #2  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    So here's the skinny. Was at work about three nights ago, bout to clock out for the night, noticed that I had a text. Went to check the text, noticed that the phone was legit frozen. As had happened before, I popped the back off and took the battery out put it back in went to restart and got nothing. Figured maybe the battery was dead, tried plugging it into the charger, no LED lights came on period to indicate battery was charging. Found my spare battery and tried to boot the phone, Samsung screen comes up, then the Galaxy S3 screen shows and bam, reboot. Tried going into restore mode and it does the same thing, shows the samsung screen and reboots.

    My phone isn't rooted, isn't running on hacked roms or anything, so my question is, is the piece of **** dead? I don't know what else to do.
    Welcome to the forums.
    When you say you went into restore mode, do you mean recovery?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Welcome to the forums.
    When you say you went into restore mode, do you mean recovery?

    Yep, that's what I meant. Went into recovery mode. Well it showed recovery mode in blue and then rebooted, even after I released all 3 buttons together. The phone shows the Samsung logo and the S3 logo screen just before it decides to crap out again.
  4. #4  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Yep, that's what I meant. Went into recovery mode. Well it showed recovery mode in blue and then rebooted, even after I released all 3 buttons together. The phone shows the Samsung logo and the S3 logo screen just before it decides to crap out again.
    What version of Android are you on?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    What version of Android are you on?
    Just updated to 4.3 iirc. This thing has refused to go pass that galaxy s 3 screen in three days now. I've tried hard-resets, tried getting into recovery mode to clear cache nothing seems to help.
  6. #6  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Just updated to 4.3 iirc. This thing has refused to go pass that galaxy s 3 screen in three days now. I've tried hard-resets, tried getting into recovery mode to clear cache nothing seems to help.
    Have you tried pulling the batter for about 15 minutes?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Have you tried pulling the batter for about 15 minutes?
    Yep, tried pulling the battery and when I put it back in and plugged in the charger it shows the battery icon and in the middle just a grey circle. And then the LED red light shuts off and nothing.
  8. #8  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Yep, tried pulling the battery and when I put it back in and plugged in the charger it shows the battery icon and in the middle just a grey circle. And then the LED red light shuts off and nothing.
    Can you get into download mode?

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Can you get into download mode?

    Gets into download mode and then restarts. Sorry for late reply, I work the graveyard.
  10. #10  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Gets into download mode and then restarts. Sorry for late reply, I work the graveyard.
    This might sound dumb, but I wonder if the power button is stuck.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    This might sound dumb, but I wonder if the power button is stuck.
    How can I tell? Also would that stop it from charging?
  12. #12  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    How can I tell? Also would that stop it from charging?
    Not sure about that, but it might explain the constant reboots. Also something to check...is the battery bulged? Take it out and spin it on a smooth surface. If it does, it needs to be replaced.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Not sure about that, but it might explain the constant reboots. Also something to check...is the battery bulged? Take it out and spin it on a smooth surface. If it does, it needs to be replaced.

    From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app
    Nope, brand new battery. Was one of the first things I actually replaced to make sure.
  14. #14  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Nope, brand new battery. Was one of the first things I actually replaced to make sure.
    Not sure what else to suggest, aside from the sticking power button.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    Not sure what else to suggest, aside from the sticking power button.
    Any way to tell whether that is the cause?
  16. #16  
    Golfdriver97's Avatar

    Posts
    21,207 Posts
    Global Posts
    21,647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Any way to tell whether that is the cause?
    I think the plastic backing is only held on by screws. If so, and you are not under warranty, I would lift it off, and see if that exposes more of the power button. Maybe it's as simple as a foreign object or something.

    Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  17. #17  

    Default Re: S3 keeps restarting at Galaxy S3 screen

    Quote Originally Posted by Sublyminal View Post
    Any way to tell whether that is the cause?
    It doesn't sound like the Power switch is the culprit - you noted above that with the phone completely off, if you connect the charger it shows the normal battery graphic. In cases where the Power switch is stuck, as soon as you insert the battery the phone powers on.

    Unfortunately I have no great suggestions for you - since the phone won't stay in Download mode there's no way to reload the firmware.

    You could try a JTAG service (ex: http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/).

    I did see some guy post that he just let the phone continue rebooting until the battery was completely dead. Then he removed the battery for a couple of hours, reinserted it and fully charged the phone before attempting to turn it on again, and it worked normally. YMMV.

    You could try pulling the SIM card and SD card and see if it boots normally.

    Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Golfdriver97 likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Galaxy Perks
    By addicted2tech in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-06-2014, 07:08 PM
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-27-2014, 03:47 PM
  3. Samsung Galaxy S3 BLANK SCREEN NO DISPLAY
    By FL OZ in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 09:55 PM
  4. charger causes cracked screen? LG G2
    By Marisa Dowden in forum LG G2
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 09:53 PM
  5. Galaxy S3 Huge battery Loss
    By Saqib Saleem in forum Samsung Galaxy S3
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 04:42 PM

Posting Permissions