can't connect with kies3 my samsung s3

Rubane80

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi All,

I've S3, I was able to connect my phone with kies 3, I took backup and all, but few weeks ago it stopped connecting to it, the message I'm getting is as below

Failed to connect the device

Connection or use may be restricted if device access (including writing) is prohibited by your computer's security program, or any other reason.

,pls see image below:--

ss.gif

Actually I was creating guest accounts and users on my windows 7 pc and given access to certain folders ,may be that is causing this issue, though I'm not sure.

Now the problem is I need to get data back to my phone from PC, the data is available as a backup in my kies 3. but now since I'm not able to connect I can't take data back such as contacts etc and I wiped out my phone due to hanging issue.

Pls help me to solve this issue.

My android version is 4.3

Thanks

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
Actually I was creating guest accounts and users on my windows 7 pc
This may be the problem; are you still logging in as the same user as before?

If you can find the Kies backup file you can copy that somewhere else and then uninstall/reinstall Kies (it should ask you if you want to install it for all users - answer yes), then copy the backup file back where it belongs.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Rubane80

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi GSDer,

I reinstalled kies3, though backup files are still there I don't need to move because it didn't got deleted.

I'm using Administrator user, problem is still there I can't connect and same message I'm getting.

Many thankx!