Samsung or Android update deleted google calendar data

juli2937

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
This morning I updated both the Android system (now v. 4.3) and my Samsung account (now v. 1.5.0324) as prompted. I use Samsung's calendar app (the green and white one) and have it synced up to my google calendar. When I oppened the calendar, it was no longer displaying anything I had input under the google calendar and there was no option to add it. When I go to All Callendars there is no option to check my google account as there was previously. What's worse is I don't think it had actually been syncinc to the Google calendar for the year I used it, because none of my recorded appointments made it back online. It must have just been recording them through the app. and now they are just gone. I am a grad student and am currently freaking out because every due date and meeting is now gone. If anyone can help me I would be immensely grateful.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

Isn't there a way to login to your Samsung account online and see if your data is present? (You can also do the same thing for your Google account just to check that.)

Have you looked at the sync settings for both accounts to be sure that sync is actually enabled for the Calendar item?

And you have tried rebooting the phone since the update?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

lhweb

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
This happened to me before. Remove your Google account and then add it.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Originalslushey

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same thing happen but clicked on the three little dots at the top right hand side of the calendar page and then clicked on Sync now and everything came back. Believe me... I was panicking too.

Foxkatt

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
OH NO! I just had my LG G3 phone wipe out my calendar too after that update. As far as I know, I don't HAVE a sync set up anywhere AND the option to do so is grayed out. ALL of my freakin' appointments for the entire year were on there. Somebody tell me that there's a way to get it BACK??? Otherwise, I'm screwed.

Foxkatt

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Well my panic has been averted. I was showing someone else the empty calendar, when suddenly it all came back.
Not a clue why or how, but at least it's back. Whew!

lauraam

May 11, 2015
Visit site
go to your gmail calendar, from the menu bar on the bottom left corner of the phone, select calendars (close the Samsung calendar box that pops up). check the boxes for your gmail address(es) to link to your calendar then back arrow and select sync from the menu bar. Your appointments will immediately be seen in your calendar.

Ladym01

Dec 14, 2015
Visit site
I had the same thing happen but clicked on the three little dots at the top right hand side of the calendar page and then clicked on Sync now and everything came back. Believe me... I was panicking too.

This worked immediately! Thank You so much as, I too, was freaked out😲! My son has special needs and I am in poor health. ALL of our info was on my calendar and now it's back! 😊😆 Thanks again!!!

Last edited:

Bo10052012

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
I've had this happen. Seems I just synced all calenders again it was Ok. However, it just happened a couple of hours ago and I just remembered I had stopped some auto app updates. Didn't think about this possibly affecting my calendar..... until the google calendar started updating again, and the daily calendar info reappeared. YAY!! Another thing, be sure you haven't uninstalled related CALENDAR apps when cleaning out your apps. Hope these mentions help someone out there!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34