Phone keeps turning off

patofeelay

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
My T999 keeps shutting off, it happened for a few weeks already. The phone will turn off in about 10 minutes. I'd have to hold the power button to get it back on; it wasn't on standby. There is also no sound or vibrations as the screen immediately goes black and turns off. Then it would only last 5 minutes before shutting itself down. The third time, down to about 2 minutes, and it keeps going on until the phone turns off a few seconds after being restarted. During the whole process, the battery does not seem like the problem, as this has happened whenever there is a lot of battery life left. It would only stay on with the charger connected to it.

At the counter, employees suggested I hard reset-ed it, and remove unfamiliar apps; which I did. However now the phone will turn itself off very quickly after the load up Samsung screen has started. It only stays on without problems in safe mode. I have tried switching with another battery for about ten minutes with success, but I don't think thats the issue.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
It only stays on without problems in safe mode.
If this is the case then it sounds like you have a 3rd party application causing at least some of your problems.

I'm not sure what you meant by 'hard reset' - if you haven't done a Factory Reset then you certainly need to do that. I'd recommend bypassing all of the normal steps during setup (ex. don't connect to your Google account) and just see if the phone behaves normally with your existing battery. If it does, then login to your Google account but do not install any apps - only download updates to the built-in apps. Use it for awhile this way and be sure it's behaving normally before adding any apps. When you do add apps, only install a few at a time and use them for a day or so before adding any more.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk