Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Random S3 shut down T-Mobile

My s3 began to shut itself down yesterday after over a year of reliability. i had rooted it straight out the box and never had any issue with apps, roms, or anything. i did some research and tried the one option that didn't make sense. i chose the option that made no sense because i know the hardware is not causing the shut down, i know its not the aging battery, i know its not a third party app side effect, and i am sure its not a virus. i know these things due to the simple fact that i spend countless hours using my beloved S3 .

can some one please explain to me how did reformatting my sd card fix the random shut down issue? it makes no sense at all to me. the sd does not have any files that control the on/off settings or are there any apps on it that allow access to rebooting or powering down the phone.

reformatting the sd card it made no sense yet it worked. i simply would like an explanation as to why it worked.

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Random S3 shut down T-Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Rosa1 View Post
    My s3 began to shut itself down yesterday after over a year of reliability. i had rooted it straight out the box and never had any issue with apps, roms, or anything. i did some research and tried the one option that didn't make sense. i chose the option that made no sense because i know the hardware is not causing the shut down, i know its not the aging battery, i know its not a third party app side effect, and i am sure its not a virus. i know these things due to the simple fact that i spend countless hours using my beloved S3 .

can some one please explain to me how did reformatting my sd card fix the random shut down issue? it makes no sense at all to me. the sd does not have any files that control the on/off settings or are there any apps on it that allow access to rebooting or powering down the phone.

reformatting the sd card it made no sense yet it worked. i simply would like an explanation as to why it worked.
    Probably because there was an error in the SD card causing the OS to hang long enough that a reboot was triggered.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    GSDer likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

that would make sense, i did use the same sd card in a digital camera a few days ago. what ever the reason im glad it worked. soutios to complexmatters are almost always the ones least likely to be thought of.

thanks!

Global Posts
    22,140 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Rosa1 View Post
    that would make sense, i did use the same sd card in a digital camera a few days ago. what ever the reason im glad it worked. soutios to complexmatters are almost always the ones least likely to be thought of.

thanks!
    No sweat. See you around the forums.

From a Kang Nexus 5 using the AC forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here