Galaxy s3 - no sound at all

suzie 1

May 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

Could I ask for some help please

I have a samsung galaxy s3, the screen got damaged on the phone so it has sat in the cupboard for 6 months +. I finally order a new screen for it and removed all the components from the old phone and put them on the new phone ensuring I did it all very carefully as to not damage anything. The phone now works but I'm getting no sound what so ever. Have done a complete factory reset but it's made no difference

On starting up the phone, the phone took ages to update, could there be a bug somewhere? Everything worked before I changed the screen but it has been sat around for month doing nothing. I went into the test screen to test the speaker and I get nothing

Please help

Model number - GT-I9305
Android version - 4.3
Base band version - I9305XXUEMK1
Kernel version - 3.0.31-2051278
dpi@DELL156#1
Thur dec 12 23.02.11 KST 2013

Ps the new screen doesn't seem to be responding quickly enough to finger movement. Could this be the case of the issue?

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
you need to reflash your phone, after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
this will refresh your phone, remember do not downgrade your phone this will damage efs folder which stores imei and serial number

Ready to help you

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
your screen problem may be fixed after flashing, go to recovery and clear data and cache if you don't know how to reflash, reflashing will make your phone look new, new screen will have the same result what are you doing unless it is brought from original samsung center

Ready to help you

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!
The phone now works but I'm getting no sound what so ever.
It sounds like you didn't connect the speaker correctly - time to take it apart and recheck your work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

suzie 1

May 4, 2014
Visit site
you need to reflash your phone, after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
this will refresh your phone, remember do not downgrade your phone this will damage efs folder which stores imei and serial number

Ready to help you

How do I reflash my phone? Is there a tut on here? Could you point me in the right direction please

James Haskins1

May 6, 2014
Visit site
i have no sound on my phone either, no output or input of sound at all. please help! we have done force restore through samsung tech support but no help.

Yusran Shaharuddin

May 6, 2014
Visit site
We have same problem.. My phone just got a problem when i started updating 4.3 version..now my phone no sound at all and make a phone call with no audio.. I already did restart n reset factory and everything but still didn't work..do please help me..help

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
We have same problem.. My phone just got a problem when i started updating 4.3 version..now my phone no sound at all and make a phone call with no audio.. I already did restart n reset factory and everything but still didn't work..do please help me..help

you need to reflash your phone using odin after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
Reflashing will remove all the data you have installed. You can download helium app from market to backup your data

samsy3

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, hope this thread is still active, its the only with similar problems,
So i accidentally dropped my phone (samsung i9300)in the water, and it stopped working, so i changed the motherboard for my fathers old phone which worked perfectly fine, except the screen. Now everything works except for no sound, no mic and if i try to watch a video is just flashing pictures from the video. I can make a call but nobody hears me and i dont hear nothing either. Is this still a hardware problem or software, beacuse before it died completly i dried it overnight and the sound and mic were working, after changing the motherboard it does not, but the mother board should not be faulty, well it worked on my father phone

Triplett88

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Ready to help you

I recently accidentally downgraded my friends Galaxy s3 is there a way to fix the sound files? Or is it doomed? He had a virus I couldn't get rid of and I had an old refresh reflash saved on my computer but after flashing there is no sound.