Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy s3 - no sound at all

Hi guys,

Could I ask for some help please

I have a samsung galaxy s3, the screen got damaged on the phone so it has sat in the cupboard for 6 months +. I finally order a new screen for it and removed all the components from the old phone and put them on the new phone ensuring I did it all very carefully as to not damage anything. The phone now works but I'm getting no sound what so ever. Have done a complete factory reset but it's made no difference

On starting up the phone, the phone took ages to update, could there be a bug somewhere? Everything worked before I changed the screen but it has been sat around for month doing nothing. I went into the test screen to test the speaker and I get nothing

Please help

Model number - GT-I9305
    Android version - 4.3
    Base band version - I9305XXUEMK1
    Kernel version - 3.0.31-2051278
    dpi@DELL156#1
    Thur dec 12 23.02.11 KST 2013

Ps the new screen doesn't seem to be responding quickly enough to finger movement. Could this be the case of the issue?
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Galaxy s3 - no sound at all

178 views and not 1 reply :-( not looking good. Please help

you need to reflash your phone, after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
    this will refresh your phone, remember do not downgrade your phone this will damage efs folder which stores imei and serial number

Ready to help you
    Dont' Forget to press Thank you button and like button when you get an answer

your screen problem may be fixed after flashing, go to recovery and clear data and cache if you don't know how to reflash, reflashing will make your phone look new, new screen will have the same result what are you doing unless it is brought from original samsung center

Ready to help you
    Thanked by:

Welcome to the forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by suzie 1 View Post
    The phone now works but I'm getting no sound what so ever.
    It sounds like you didn't connect the speaker correctly - time to take it apart and recheck your work.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by mobilecrackers View Post
    you need to reflash your phone, after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
    this will refresh your phone, remember do not downgrade your phone this will damage efs folder which stores imei and serial number

Ready to help you
    How do I reflash my phone? Is there a tut on here? Could you point me in the right direction please

Quote Originally Posted by suzie 1 View Post
    How do I reflash my phone? Is there a tut on here? Could you point me in the right direction please
    you can use odin , i have Pm'd you the link for tutorial .
    Thanked by:

i have no sound on my phone either, no output or input of sound at all. please help! we have done force restore through samsung tech support but no help.

this might be a bug , you need to re-flash it again using Odin
    after reflashing go to recovery then clear cache and data

how do i do this and will it erase the games and apps on the phone

Reflashing will remove all the data you have installed. You can download helium app from market to backup your data

Ready to help you

We have same problem.. My phone just got a problem when i started updating 4.3 version..now my phone no sound at all and make a phone call with no audio.. I already did restart n reset factory and everything but still didn't work..do please help me..help

Quote Originally Posted by Yusran Shaharuddin View Post
    We have same problem.. My phone just got a problem when i started updating 4.3 version..now my phone no sound at all and make a phone call with no audio.. I already did restart n reset factory and everything but still didn't work..do please help me..help
    you need to reflash your phone using odin after that go to the recovery than clear cache and data.
    Reflashing will remove all the data you have installed. You can download helium app from market to backup your data

odin is telling me super user can't be acquired when i press open. what do i do?

sorry superuser access can't be acquired

can you post a screenshot of the problem. you need to put your phone into download mode before flashing

Ready to help you