Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Discharging While Plugged In/Constant Battery Loss

Hi I have an SGH-T999L (LTE) and I have had serious battery issues during the past month or two. It is nearly impossible to charge my phone at this point. If I use it at all while plugged in, it will slowly discharge rather than charge. It charges slower than normal no matter what. The past few days, when I unplug it from the charger in the morning, it immediately drops a significant amount and then goes on its normal discharging routine. Last night, I turned it on airplane mode overnight so it would consume less power. It charged to 100% overnight, but as soon as I disconnected the charger, it dropped to 18%. This is becoming a serious issue. I have tried another battery and several other chargers all with no luck. Please help.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Discharging While Plugged In/Constant Battery Loss

UPDATE: I have turned off the phone, removed the battery for several minutes, and rebooted. Then I left the phone on airplane mode, plugged in for about 2 and a half hours and the battery has dropped 2% rather than charging at all. Please someone help

Default Re: Discharging While Plugged In/Constant Battery Loss

Welcome to the forums!

Have you tried turning the phone completely off and charging it? It should only take about two hours to fully charge. If you do this and the battery drops from 100% to something much less in the space of a couple of minutes then there's either something wrong with the battery or with the phone.

Since you've said that you tried different batteries, chargers and cables, I'd suspect the micro-USB port if your only problem was related to charging, but since you're also having discharge problems it's more likely to be the phone.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk