Why is my phone so slow to charge?

DragonMonkey

May 20, 2014
Visit site
I have Galaxy S3. So, the day before yesterday, my phone is charging fine(full charger in 2h), then yesterday phone charge so slow, it took 10h or more to full charge. So, today still happen it took 10h or more to go full charge.
Nope, the problem is not the charger. Me and my brother have the SAME phone and charger. We share charger. When he charge his phone, it works perfectly fine. Only my phone took 10h or more to full charge.

1) What causes my phone to charge slow? Is it the battery or the phone inside?????????
I already tried using my brother battery. I charged my phone for 5 minutes with his battery inside my phone. Yet, it did NOT add any life battery percentage. I believe this all started when I dropped my phone with the charger in the charging port. So, I guess, that what it cause.

2) How much does it cost to get you phone CHARGING PORT fix? Where do get it fix?

llamaqueen14

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Short Term solution and probably not the answer you want but try charging on flight mode. It stops the phone from searching for networks continuously. Someone might have a more long term solution.
Hope this helps somewhat!
Sarah

DragonMonkey

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Short Term solution and probably not the answer you want but try charging on flight mode. It stops the phone from searching for networks continuously. Someone might have a more long term solution.
Hope this helps somewhat!
Sarah
Lol, I tried charging my phone turn off today, it seem more slower. I'll see that. My best bet is the charging port is broken. When I dropped my phone, the charger is plugged in the charger port. That's how it started, when my phone became so slow to charge, it took 10h or more to go full charge. I believe! Hopefully not, though.

I'll give it a try about your saying in charging in Airplane Mode. :)

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Lol, I tried charging my phone turn off today, it seem more slower. I'll see that. My best bet is the charging port is broken. When I dropped my phone, the charger is plugged in the charger port. That's how it started, when my phone became so slow to charge, it took 10h or more to go full charge. I believe! Hopefully not, though.

I'll give it a try about your saying in charging in Airplane Mode. :)

Welcome to Android Central :)
Also try using an compressed air can to blow out any dust/lint that may be in the charging port. That might be interfering with the charging

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

DragonMonkey

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
Also try using an compressed air can to blow out any dust/lint that may be in the charging port. That might be interfering with the charging

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
I feel like just throwing my phone away :(. Wait, what's a compressed air?

DragonMonkey

May 20, 2014
Visit site
It tried that already. Anyway, now my phone is acting weird, while charging the battery decrease, instead of increasing????? By the way, I also tried using different charger(Not Galaxy S3 original charger; different one random charger that I found).

My best bet is the inside of the phone is damage or the charging port.
How much does it cost to get those fix?

Cheyenne Hall

Aug 8, 2014
Visit site
Hey i think it is the charging port beause my phone was charging finnee but then i dropped it with the charger in the charging port and now its charging slow .

rich6440

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Yes,the USB port cracks loose and takes a long time to charge because the contacts do not completely touch.You need to have the port re-soldered or replaced.

shobanbabu

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
I have Galaxy S3. So, the day before yesterday, my phone is charging fine(full charger in 2h), then yesterday phone charge so slow, it took 10h or more to full charge. So, today still happen it took 10h or more to go full charge.
Nope, the problem is not the charger. Me and my brother have the SAME phone and charger. We share charger. When he charge his phone, it works perfectly fine. Only my phone took 10h or more to full charge.

1) What causes my phone to charge slow? Is it the battery or the phone inside?????????
I already tried using my brother battery. I charged my phone for 5 minutes with his battery inside my phone. Yet, it did NOT add any life battery percentage. I believe this all started when I dropped my phone with the charger in the charging port. So, I guess, that what it cause.

2) How much does it cost to get you phone CHARGING PORT fix? Where do get it fix?

same problem on my s3

Shanley Gurl

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
me,too. lately when i charge my phone ,charging is super slow.. i dont know what is the problem? i think the problem is in the charger ? or in the phone. i charge my phone for 2 days already.. and it always stuck up in 67% ...

Mihai Voicu

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
It might be that the data wires got disconnected and the phone does not detect that it can "suck" more than 500mA.

I cannot post a link, but you can see more details on: meaningofstuff.blogspot.com/2015/04/why-my-smartphone-is-changing-very-slow.html

Mihai Voicu

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
You can borrow and try another charger+cable, just to check if the phone is fine. I one hour you should see some visible battery increase.
If the phone works well with another cable+charger, keep the charger and use the old cable. If it works, it means your charger is broker. If it does not charge, your cable is broken.

If the phone does not charge even with a known good charger+cable, things are more complicated. You might check if you can still do data connection to a computer. If (unlikely) the data pins are broken, the phone would not detect charger and charge only at very low speep. If this is the problem, you will also not be able to see the phone files from computer via USB cable. Hope it's not this the problem, this is harder to fix without professional support.

Probably you will fix it with a new charger or cable. Just buy a charger of 1A or 1.2A with cable and use that cable. Do not use a 2.1A(tablet) port for phone because it might charge even slower.